• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    So I am looking to move to Elkridge (Old 1 and Hanover St). I have time to get out of it if I need to. I need opinions regarding crime, overall area, if there is anything I should be worried about. Thanks. Currently in Canton but I'm looking to make an attempt at reproduction and having my own parking space.

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    I live in Elkridge. I haven't heard of any huge crime problems. Your best bet would be to call the Howard County police and ask them about the crime stats.

I looked on the map, looks like you might be near the Elkridge VFD. You could stop in there and ask them to, what the scoop is.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The biggest issue in Elkridge is Breaking and Entering.... Occassionally the robbery on the Boulevard... I have pretty much lived here my whole life. Never had the house broken into but the shed was hit once with the loss of a geneerator (which HCPD recovered at a pawn shop and arrested the perp) (shed is now on my alarm system).

Lifetime locals (in the area you are looking at) are great neighbors and look out for each other. Are you going to live on Hanover Rd. or in one of the neighborhoods off of it?

I listen to a scanner alot and most everything I hear in this area is the property crime type of call. (I have worked at the Elkridge Station so consider this to be sking a member there). Biggest issue is the trash that passes thru here usually on weekends when they come out to party at the notel motels on the Boulevard. They bring the crime stats up.

If you want anymore info on the area hit me up in a PM.

Peace and Good Luck! And welcome to the neighborhood.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    One of the new build neighborhoods off of Hanover. The one concern I have is that I keep hearing that Hopkins is buying up land and pushing the riffraff southwest of Baltimore. DC is expensive/crowded/etc and pushing the riffraff northeast. So I am somewhat worried that I'm picking the perfect spot where all the trash is going to be forced into. I looked on the crime map and it doesn't show that much, school system is rated pretty high. Other than that I'm wondering if the biker bar up the street will allow me to pay my tab via drunken shenanigans. :party29:

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I hang out at Daniels quite often. That place is run tightly by the owner. She takes no crap. You would be suprised if you stop in there for dinner. The food is great, the people friendly and the beer is cold! The only bad part is trying to turn in there from the Northbound side, then leaving to head south when done! The "bikers" most are dress up wanna be types. They are all polite, no foul language is tolerated.

AS for getting pushed this way from DC and Balto., they head to Columbia as that is where most of the Section 8 housing is located with the aprtments, or further south such as Jessup/Savage.... You are safe in Elkridge, just wanted to let you know about the property crimes...

Schools are good. They are building a new E/S on Ducketts Lane (flashing light North of 100) to ease the crowding of the two schoolsa already in the Elkridge area. My son goes to Elkridge Elementary.. Great school and staff and that is where your kids would go. Middle is Elkridge Middle school (same for staff there) and the High School (as of now with boundary lines) is Howard High (off of 108 and 104).. I went there and graduated in 80. The school pulls from that corner of Ellicott City, Elkridge and a small draw from Columbia.... High School anywhere in the county can be a challenge due to the demographics from which they pull students.

Good Luck with your move!

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Born and raised in Elkridge and would(and probably will) move back there in a heartbeat. Not far from several nice spots of Patapsco State Park, minutes from the airport and downtown. With its proximity to 95, 695, 895, 295 and 100, you can't ask for a better place to start any trip around the state.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Our shop is in elkridge, if you like hookers, its the place for you. We have had batteries and cable (copper) stolen from our locked yard on more than 1 occasion. Seems to be mostly yuppies in the area. I hear Howard county taxes suck more. I personally would look somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom