• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    I have a Glock 22, and I am looking for a hip or thigh rig that will allow me to have a surefire x300 on the end of it. Does anyone know if this exists?

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    2 serious questions:

Why do you want a flashlight on your gun?

Have you fired that gun extensively with the light attached?
    This particular gun I have not trained extensively with. (I've only fired it twice) However, I have had practice with tactical lights on weapons in the past.

They don't have the G22 in the drop down. I'll try to call them, thank you.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    This particular gun I have not trained extensively with. (I've only fired it twice) However, I have had practice with tactical lights on weapons in the past.

They don't have the G22 in the drop down. I'll try to call them, thank you.

ok.

As for my first question, that's just a debate that will rage on like every other gun debate, so I'll just leave that one alone.

My second question is more important. The reason that I asked is because our local PD used to have Sigs with Streamlights, I believe. They dumped the sigs, switched to G22's and began to experience a TON of malfunctions. The lights inhibited the operation of the gun, threw it off balance.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    wasnt the Gen4 Glock 22's new recoil spring supposed to be the fix for 'stove pipe issues' on Gen 3 Glock 22 with lights on them?

This is just what I remember reading somewhere. not trying to start another epic glock thread..

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    ok.

As for my first question, that's just a debate that will rage on like every other gun debate, so I'll just leave that one alone.

My second question is more important. The reason that I asked is because our local PD used to have Sigs with Streamlights, I believe. They dumped the sigs, switched to G22's and began to experience a TON of malfunctions. The lights inhibited the operation of the gun, threw it off balance.
    A debate about? You can PM me with your comments. I don't mind.

I didn't know of any malfunctions caused by tactical lights.. thanks for the info, I'll put a few hundred rounds through it and note if there are any unusual problems. I just had the trigger switched and the guide rod / spring too. Who know if it will work now or not.

wasnt the Gen4 Glock 22's new recoil spring supposed to be the fix for 'stove pipe issues' on Gen 3 Glock 22 with lights on them?

This is just what I remember reading somewhere. not trying to start another epic glock thread..
    I'll search for the information.

listed under 17/22/31
    Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.:party29:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Blade Tech. They are a left handed persons friend.

They don't have it on the site got te X300, call them they do make it. I ordered one last week for the same set up.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I feel the lefty hate. Trying to find a holster is a PITA.

I've read reports of issues with glocks/weapon lights as it takes away the frame flex which apparently to some extent helps the glocks.

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    I feel the lefty hate. Trying to find a holster is a PITA.

I've read reports of issues with glocks/weapon lights as it takes away the frame flex which apparently to some extent helps the glocks.

Well, I put 125 rounds thru it last night at the farm. 0 malfunctions. This might be contributed to the new rod and spring dan put in yesterday or just blind luck. The light dirties pretty dast but at 120 lumens its still pretty bright. I also noticed that it feels better with the weight on the end, better balance when the clip is low. It might just be in my head.

Archangel

Jul 19, 2005
    A plain ol' pencil eraser works pretty good for cleaning off the lens. It also helps to put a thin coat of oil on the lens when it's clean, then when it gets dirty you can just wipe the oil (and dirt) right off.

I've also seen guys put a piece of duct or electrical tape over the lens when practicing during the daytime to help keep it clean.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Blade Tech. They are a left handed persons friend.

They don't have it on the site got te X300, call them they do make it. I ordered one last week for the same set up.

+1 on Bladetech.

I just ordered and received two left-handed holsters for an SVI Infinity (one with retention, one without). If they make a holster for that, they make anything.

They're not cheap, but worth it if your a lefty with an out-of-the-ordinary request. Even their mag pouches can be ordered left-handed specific.

Archangel

Jul 19, 2005
    Forgot the original topic when I posted. Yes, Blade-tech makes great holsters. Safariland does as well, and definitely makes a left handed G22 w/ x300 holster.

Archangel

Jul 19, 2005
    The blackhawk holsters only work with the blackhawk light, so they'd be a no-go with an x300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom