• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Another inside-the-mall dispute involving half a dozen people has spilled out into the parking garage where a male was found shot near a car as a female driver trying to flee rammed a masonry pillar (just outside Dick's - see? that place is nothing but trouble) injuring herself and a child in the car.

You're doing it wrong, people. You're not supposed to fly into a murderous rage at the mall until the morning AFTER Thanksgiving.

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2018/11/injuries-reported-after-crash-at-westfield-wheaton/

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2018/11/22...aIF9qXKKX2riAKsa0iRt-i_y6iGx_DBbMRzeP1rN2QzY8

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Another inside-the-mall dispute involving half a dozen people has spilled out into the parking garage where a male was found shot near a car as a female driver trying to flee rammed a masonry pillar (just outside Dick's - see? that place is nothing but trouble) injuring herself and a child in the car.

You're doing it wrong, people. You're not supposed to fly into a murderous rage at the mall until the morning AFTER Thanksgiving.

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2018/11/injuries-reported-after-crash-at-westfield-wheaton/

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2018/11/22...aIF9qXKKX2riAKsa0iRt-i_y6iGx_DBbMRzeP1rN2QzY8

FFS, I get my kids sports gear there... Not to mention my elderly Ma shops at the Costco just above there. They can doll up Wheaton Plaza all they want. That joint is always going to be straight gangstah. :sad20:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I Live about 2 to 3 miles from that mall and it has gone downhill ever since they enclosed it. The projects are just down the street and it always has had some type of gang in the area as well. Not surprised that this happened their and this is not the first time something like that has happened their as well. The security guards their are also unarmed which can make them a target.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    it wasn't always that bad. Wheaton Triangle and the plaza were some of my haunts as a jr HS and HS student back in the late 70s and 80s

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Remember, there is no gang problem in MoCo.

Just a coincidence that CASA Md. is just across the street?

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I Live about 2 to 3 miles from that mall and it has gone downhill ever since they enclosed it. The projects are just down the street and it always has had some type of gang in the area as well. Not surprised that this happened their and this is not the first time something like that has happened their as well. The security guards their are also unarmed which can make them a target.

My theory is that it all started when Wheaton Metro went in. Now more transients add to the already evident MS13 occupation. Discovery Channel once did a show on that gang, and mentioned their hub was located in Wheaton, not up by say the 7-Eleven and the Post Office where you’d think, but rather the garden apartments between the Plaza and Forest Glen, kinda across from St. John’s Church on Georgia Ave. I think there’s more growth of them in the Apts on the way to Wheaton Regional Park. Ya know, where that freakin gang led decapitation murder was....so much for taking my kids to my childhood park.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    PRMC has changed

it wasn't always that bad. Wheaton Triangle and the plaza were some of my haunts as a jr HS and HS student back in the late 70s and 80s

In the 70-80s PRMC was a nice place to live. I lived 7 miles north in Manor Woods. Finally escaped to Lusby in 2006 as a refugee and never looked back.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup

Marchone's, Farrells, The Comic Book store near Marchone's. I remember when it was open and called Wheaton Plaza. born in 66 and wifey and I used to go thee to Farrell's on weekends to eat. Graduated from Rockville in 84. Grew up in Takey Park on Garland Ave. near Carroll and Flower.

Damn ******** now. scary A Thug's Life people outside the Metro station. Used to also love going to the Surplus store. Used to get the black camo pants with drawstrings on the ankles to wear during the Parachute Pants days in the early 80's lolol. Moved to Twinbrook in 79 and went to St. Jude then GC for a year then RHS.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Marchone's, Farrells, The Comic Book store near Marchone's. I remember when it was open and called Wheaton Plaza. born in 66 and wifey and I used to go thee to Farrell's on weekends to eat. Graduated from Rockville in 84. Grew up in Takey Park on Garland Ave. near Carroll and Flower.

Damn ******** now. scary A Thug's Life people outside the Metro station. Used to also love going to the Surplus store. Used to get the black camo pants with drawstrings on the ankles to wear during the Parachute Pants days in the early 80's lolol. Moved to Twinbrook in 79 and went to St. Jude then GC for a year then RHS.

Marchone's had the best Italian subs in MD! Gentleman Jim's was still open in 79 and was the best pizza (if you liked swiss cheese on it) next to Zio's in Rockville that has sadly closed. St Judes on GA Ave is closed. Rock Tech aka RHS has been rebuilt (class of 76 BTW) and was recently in the news regarding a rape by an 18 year old illegal alien who got off. Shit hole is too kind a word for what the PRMC ('58-'06) has become.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

Awesome place. They had a huge assortment of funny hats, some NSFW, and lots of other great stuff. I miss that place.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeppers

Marchone's had the best Italian subs in MD! Gentleman Jim's was still open in 79 and was the best pizza (if you liked swiss cheese on it) next to Zio's in Rockville that has sadly closed. St Judes on GA Ave is closed. Rock Tech aka RHS has been rebuilt (class of 76 BTW) and was recently in the news regarding a rape by an 18 year old illegal alien who got off. Shit hole is too kind a word for what the PRMC ('58-'06) has become.

I see that RHS is larger but with the same low student count. they rent part of it out. My parents live on Ardennes on the PostOffice side of Twinbrook shopping center. One block down by St. Lo. My younger brothers worked at Ollies and Twinbrook Deli.and I used to work at that old Rustler Steak House in HS in the early 80's. lolol

My old Geometry Teacher from RHS owned the Twinbrook Tap Room. used to do the old bowling alley there. St. Judes is on Viers Mill just past Aspen Hill Road.

Marchones did have the best subs. The rolls had crunchy outsides and soft insides. There was an old bagel place at Georgia and University I used t ofrequent on my walk to Viers Mill to catch the Q2 home. Old school NY bagels and cheap. Warm and had that crunchy outer shell.

The varsity players used to take me at Good Counsel to the Trolley Car to get beer and pizza. hahaha I was a freshman but often practiced with them. lolol

cb51

Starting at age 10, we lived right on the corner of Bucknell drive and Reedie down the hill from the Safeway store on Georgia. It was a great place to grow up, with woods and near places to go explore. This was from 1960 to 1970 when I left of the army. By 1980s when I came home it had all changed a great deal. As kids, we used to hangout a lot at the Triangle Bowling alleys and eat Mighty Moe's at the Hot Shops over on Viers Mill. We used total our BB guns into the woods at the end of Bucknell drive and pink.

My first mechanized transportation was the little Yamaha twin jet 100 I bought from Blalocks BSA/Yamaha dealer next to the old Jerry's sub shop on University. Sometimes got the 'bag of burgers for a buck' at the Little Tavern.'

It's been a few years since I went for a visit back to Maryland, and it was soooo depressing that I won't be coming back. I'll just file those memories as a lost time that went the way of the passenger pigeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom