• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Like the title says, just reaching out to see if anyone has a estimated down time or possible reopening date? Thanks for any info.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I went over there on Sunday with a friend from out of town. Place was locked up tight and I could see no reason why. My first thought was that they couldn't open up because they didn't have enough RSO's that day, my second thought was that they didn't pay the rent to the City of Frederick. I seriously can't believe that they didn't think to put a sign on the gate, because not everybody knows they have a web page.

http://www.cresaprifleclub.com/

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I went over there on Sunday with a friend from out of town. Place was locked up tight and I could see no reason why. My first thought was that they couldn't open up because they didn't have enough RSO's that day, my second thought was that they didn't pay the rent to the City of Frederick. I seriously can't believe that they didn't think to put a sign on the gate, because not everybody knows they have a web page.

http://www.cresaprifleclub.com/

From what I know there is a bit more to the story then what they have publicly said. I hope they choose to tell it.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    They're notoriously bad about announcing closures. The fact that it was on their page is a miracle in and of itself. Two winters ago, they'd close up at the first snow flake and not say a damned thing leaving me with a 40 minute round trip for nothing.

Can't imagine that they couldn't pay their bills. They recently increased per-shooter costs as well from what I recall.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    They're notoriously bad about announcing closures. The fact that it was on their page is a miracle in and of itself. Two winters ago, they'd close up at the first snow flake and not say a damned thing leaving me with a 40 minute round trip for nothing.

Can't imagine that they couldn't pay their bills. They recently increased per-shooter costs as well from what I recall.
    They're really flaky about a lot of stuff. Apparently they posted the closure on their fb on May 4th. But who the hell knows they have a fb page, much less a web site?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Ah.......I think I heard a comment as to what might be going on. This is just an overheard comment but someone said there was a complaint that the police range was seeing stuff from Cresap coming over to their side and that there were going to be inspections of berms, barriers, etc. to try to identify what it might be. Maybe the backstop has too much metal in it and some spatter is occurring?

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Ah.......I think I heard a comment as to what might be going on. This is just an overheard comment but someone said there was a complaint that the police range was seeing stuff from Cresap coming over to their side and that there were going to be inspections of berms, barriers, etc. to try to identify what it might be. Maybe the backstop has too much metal in it and some spatter is occurring?
    Given that they have a lot of traffic at that range, it wouldn't surprise me if they need to do some reclamation of the lead in the berms. Lord knows how much lead is in those berms. If what you say is true, then I think it is ricochet that is flying up to the FPD academy.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Well I hope they can get what ever closed them down fixed soon or I'm going to be forced to find a new outdoor range. Been going there for years, have good memories of the old range down by the river.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I think DA is somehow responsible. He's probably out there, right now, installing surveillance cameras in the port-a-pottys and microphones at the shooting benches (or is it the other way around) and Cresap won't reopen until he finishes. That's my theory.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I went there a few times years ago. All of the old guys in the booth were really nice. They had this one little plump dude who was a range officer, he would dress up in woodland camo BDU pants, ARMY/USAF black boots shined to the max with the pants bloused, bright florescent vest and a woodland camo jungle hat. He was like a little range nazi but it was so hard to keep a straight face and take him seriously as he looked like such a mall ninja goofball.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

I looked at joining years ago since they are close to home, and if things are still the same i doubt money is an issue. They rent out their range to different LEO agencies during the week.

Well I hope they can get what ever closed them down fixed soon or I'm going to be forced to find a new outdoor range. Been going there for years, have good memories of the old range down by the river.

I remember the old water front range. Thats back when they were open weekdays too!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I hate you so much right now. 2:

:lol2: If you ask me, it's just as plausible as 99% of the tinfoil hat BS I see posted on a regular basis. Think about it? DA posts his (mock) indignation about Cresap being closed for an undetermined length of time, etc. Uses FB page and Cresap website as a red herring to cover his tracks while he wires the range for wide range surveillance. Not that far-fetched, really. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom