• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Before you add another foot or so of blown-in insulation, (presumably to some that is already there) make sure your ceiling can handle the weight. Cellulose does hae some weight to it, and if it's laying on top of drywall, it is possible you'll get some nail pops or even have a sheet or section pop loose entirely. DAMHIKT.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    That sounds just like mine. I dread the thought of it. How many sq ft did you have to cover? Did you just stay away from the soffits or put those pink baffles up in-between the trusses?

About 900 and some, including a 4 foot knee wall as the attic is only on one side of the house and the other is cathedral ceiling. Stayed away, mostly for lack of room, I have to recheck the gaps when I go back up to finish the job, I might have to put the baffles in anyway. I cut 4' pieces to run in between the roof joists and parallel to the ceiling joists then ran the rolls perpendicular to them

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    About 900 and some, including a 4 foot knee wall as the attic is only on one side of the house and the other is cathedral ceiling. Stayed away, mostly for lack of room, I have to recheck the gaps when I go back up to finish the job, I might have to put the baffles in anyway. I cut 4' pieces to run in between the roof joists and parallel to the ceiling joists then ran the rolls perpendicular to them

Thanks for that info. I have just the center portion of mine that I can get to as well. Cathedral ceiling on one end that would have to be blown in. A bedroom on the other end leaves a very small space that would require the same. My house is a Cape Cod with a 12/12 roof pitch so that gives me some head space. Your experience gives me a good idea on what I need to do.

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    If you do it yourselves...make sure to not blow it directly against roof sheathing at the eves. The baffles are there to ensure your attic is ventilating correctly. If the eves get blocked there is a good chance mold may developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom