• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    We're selling our home in the Laurel/Scaggsville area of Howard county and moving to Worcester County. We have a contract on the house and the home inspection uncovered a couple of issues that need repair. Buyers are insisting on the work being done by a licensed contractor. Scale of work includes:

1. Repair crack to basement concrete wall where water is leaking (very minor leak). Inspector recommendation: extend downspout, regrade under deck, seal crack at base of wall with epoxy sealant.

2. Properly grade back of house to have slope away from house to prevent further leaking in basement. Basically, add some dirt and re-grade as indicated in #1. This is under our deck for what it's worth.

3. Repair or sister the deteriorated band joist in rear basement. 2 (maybe 3) sections between floor joists need repair. Sistering the 2-3 areas of the band joint was offered as one solution.

I'm finding it difficult to find a licensed contractor willing to work on a job this small.

I can provide additional documentation, pictures, etc. if you'd like to review/discuss before any visit. If anyone knows of someone that could handle a job like this, please post or PM your suggestions, or let them know my situation. Or, if there are members here that are willing to work with me on this, that would be great, too. I'm open to other solutions after evaluation if need be. Timing is of some concern as settlement is scheduled for March 30. So, we'd probably need the work done within the next two weeks. Ideally, I'd like to have a plan by the end of this week. I'm not looking for special favors, I'm willing to pay a fair price. And, I'm not looking for a rubber stamp. I'm trying to do the right thing.

Either reply to this thread and I can call/PM you back or PM me directly.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Let us know how the sale goes! I'm always looking for help when it comes to these home improvement projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom