OK, Who Was Shooting Up A Storm In Elkridge Today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I am off of Patuxent Quarter Rd in Elkridge and someone had a hell of a time all afternoon long somewhere close by. I am somewhat jealous and would have loved to join in the fun.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Howard County ordinances prohibit the firing of a firearm in the municipal zone, which Elkridge is in, for almost any reason other than self defense or while at a licensed range. So, either somebody was defending the hell out of themselves, somebody was at a licensed range, or somebody was breaking the law. The ordinances, and how poorly they were thought out, really bug the hell out of me.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Interesting. As a new resident here, I don't know all the ordinances and such in this area. There seems to be a lot of valleys that would make perfect ranges with a natural backstop.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Interesting. As a new resident here, I don't know all the ordinances and such in this area. There seems to be a lot of valleys that would make perfect ranges with a natural backstop.

Most of the HCPD officers I know don't even know all the ordinances there are so many of them. I would definitely get some legal advice and do some extensive research before shooting on any land you have.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I was out with a HCPD officer last night. We ended up talking about guns and how he just went out and bought a lower last week.

Thinks the new laws (guns/cell phone) are BS.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Most of the HCPD officers I know don't even know all the ordinances there are so many of them. I would definitely get some legal advice and do some extensive research before shooting on any land you have.

lol I dont think I'm going to be doing too much shooting on my 1/4 acre of land surrounded on all sides by houses and kids. even if there were no laws against it. I used to be a member of Freestate, but I was looking for something a bit closer now that I moved out of the city.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    lol I dont think I'm going to be doing too much shooting on my 1/4 acre of land surrounded on all sides by houses and kids. even if there were no laws against it. I used to be a member of Freestate, but I was looking for something a bit closer now that I moved out of the city.

Yeah, I really am surprised that you heard people shooting in the Elkridge area. There just does not seem like many safe areas to shoot out that way since everything is built up. Where I am, that is a different story. During deer season I can hear people shooting on the other side of 32. Same goes with the start of dove and resident goose season. Of course, I hunt a couple farms in the area too, so now I know what the homeowners in those areas hear when I am out hunting.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am off of Patuxent Quarter Rd in Elkridge and someone had a hell of a time all afternoon long somewhere close by. I am somewhat jealous and would have loved to join in the fun.

Not far from you in Canbury Woods. Heard and thought the same thing. Somebody was going to town....

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie

On Target is like 7 miles from you. Pistol only range (and .22lr), but good people once you get to know them.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Howard County ordinances prohibit the firing of a firearm in the municipal zone, which Elkridge is in, for almost any reason other than self defense or while at a licensed range. So, either somebody was defending the hell out of themselves, somebody was at a licensed range, or somebody was breaking the law. The ordinances, and how poorly they were thought out, really bug the hell out of me.

Depending on where you are in Elkridge, the OP could have been hearing something from AA county where you can fire on your own property if you follow the setback guidelines.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I was out with a HCPD officer last night. We ended up talking about guns and how he just went out and bought a lower last week.

Thinks the new laws (guns/cell phone) are BS.

Hoco officer doesnt think cell law is good? Having dealt with several hoco officers im not surprised. The tough guy image is taken too far. Cell law should be enforce. We all have seen the idiots on the road being distracted by their cell phone. Just saying

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Hoco officer doesnt think cell law is good? Having dealt with several hoco officers im not surprised. The tough guy image is taken too far. Cell law should be enforce. We all have seen the idiots on the road being distracted by their cell phone. Just saying

I agree that some idiots on a cell phone rather than bluetooth is a problem.

Some people can drive fine while on the phone.

Where do you draw the line?

What if they say that you cannot smoke in your car (I don't smoke), listen to the radio, eat a snack, or take a drink of your soda?

When is enough, enough? If you allow it, they will legislate and regulate everything you do.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I agree that some idiots on a cell phone rather than bluetooth is a problem.

Some people can drive fine while on the phone.

Where do you draw the line?

What if they say that you cannot smoke in your car (I don't smoke), listen to the radio, eat a snack, or take a drink of your soda?

When is enough, enough? If you allow it, they will legislate and regulate everything you do.

I have never seen anyone drive well and talk on the phone while the handset is up to their ear - or worse, while they are texting. Bluetooth headsets, car stereo conversion kits or speaker phone are all options.

It's not like these people are using ancient GSM handsets like this - I see a lot of iPhones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom