• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    ...and I think we may be losing. This is just one more example of the sewage level stupidity of what we are fighting against:
    A friend of mine got the SB281 flyer today and this was the facebook conversation:
    A: This crazy notice came in the mail today. "Arbitrary" limits on magazine capacity?? Yeah, because we really need to shot 100 bullets without reloading.
    B: Um, don't we need our personal arsenal to protect ourselves from the possibility of a future fascist government run by the UN?
    C: B, you hit the nail on the head! Ther gunna take er guns!
    D: Forward that to me.
    E: I love how these things usually reinforce my thinking. Like they list all the things that are "bad" and as I read each one, I'm like, "yup. mm hmm. mm hmm. ok. ok. check. sure. yep. good. good. yep. ok."

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    tumblr_ljvuw6fmtG1qj9hedo1_500.jpg

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Damn hipsters, always ruining everything. I've had to hide like a quarter of my facebook "friends" for similar bs. My favorite argument they use is the whole, "If you were a better shot, you'd only need ten rounds," nonsense. I've offered to take them to the range so they can see that real shooting isn't like CoD, but so far I haven't had any takers.

Screwatts

Feb 5, 2013
    Eldersburg
    Friends , hell I have family members like that. Haven't spoken to my grandmother in over a month because she said " The government needs to take away all those assault rifles that go pew pew pew "

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    My family is on both sides of the gun debate but I recently educated them and started them thinking the other way. My aunt said she doesn't agree with O'Malley but "nobody needs machine guns." I informed her that the firearms in question are semiautomatic and while machine guns are legal although heavily regulated and very expensive, they are primarily out of reach to all but people of means. My brother in law is a Baltimore County cop and not really a gun guy except for his service sidearm but he is now looking to get a handgun "while he still can." His precinct is getting new pistols and he is trying to purchase one of the Sig pros that they are getting rid of.

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    I'm at least lucky in regards to my family. Most of my extended family live in Florida and don't leave their houses unarmed. My immediate family, while not huge fans of firearms themselves, are very supportive of gun rights and don't object to me owning guns and keeping them in their house.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Honestly, the biggest problem we have is lack of knowledge from the media and the public in general.

Libtards and their disciples are told and believe that AR-15 "Assault rifles" and "Semi-automatic" weapons are machine guns. That's why they think they can "spray" bullets.

They see the crap from hollywood on TV and in movies and in video games. It's always some yahoo (good or bad) with a machine gun that looks like an AR-15 mowing down 100's of people in seconds without reloading. It's fantasy just like Star Trek, your favorite sitcom, whatever, but people (who don't know any better) think that's the way it works.

Seriously, who wants a guy like the joker from batman running about with some magic weapon that can kill everyone in a 5 mile radius? But, that's exactly the kind of crap hollywood is selling.

Rob.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Honestly, the biggest problem we have is lack of knowledge from the media and the public in general.

Libtards and their disciples are told and believe that AR-15 "Assault rifles" and "Semi-automatic" weapons are machine guns. That's why they think they can "spray" bullets.

They see the crap from hollywood on TV and in movies and in video games. It's always some yahoo (good or bad) with a machine gun that looks like an AR-15 mowing down 100's of people in seconds without reloading. It's fantasy just like Star Trek, your favorite sitcom, whatever, but people (who don't know any better) think that's the way it works.

Seriously, who wants a guy like the joker from batman running about with some magic weapon that can kill everyone in a 5 mile radius? But, that's exactly the kind of crap hollywood is selling.

Rob.

I agree with your assessment, but I'd add that the biggest problem isn't the lack of knowledge per se, but apathy in general. Most people aren't aware of the bills being introduced, and they really don't care since they don't own guns and they don't see a problem with regulation that has nothing to do with them directly. And that apathy isn't just towards guns, but practically everything. The effect of that mindset is general lack of knowledge and misconceptions.

We can try to educate as much as possible, but if no one cares enough to listen, we have to find other avenues.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I deleted all liberal facebook friends, everyone on my list is a patriot. I have a no work friends policy also.

There is a group https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-DC-Clothesline/440522575997388?fref=ts and every so often he does a patriot friend thread so you can unite with like minded individuals.

Haha I deleted most of my liberal friends too. Between libs and people I didn't really see much in person, I knocked 75% of the people off my friends list.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    My brother in law is a Baltimore County cop and not really a gun guy except for his service sidearm but he is now looking to get a handgun "while he still can." His precinct is getting new pistols and he is trying to purchase one of the Sig pros that they are getting rid of.

Minor thing....

The department as a whole gets new pistols, not just single precincts. Second, the whole being issued a new pistol thing has been delayed until further notice.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    She isn't a close friend. Just a random cool person to drink with.
    The problem is that we are fighting 17 yrs of liberal indoctrination in schools and a lifetime of Hollywood/liberal news propaganda. At some point a critical mass is reached and a tipping point of lib stupidity feeds off of itself.

I actually find myself hoping some of my lib acquaintances get mugged or jumped just so they can have some intelligence beat back into them.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I am a pretty tolerant person (and under 30...but close), but I had an experience with some hipsters earlier this week:

My wife and I went to the Blue Moon Cafe in Baltimore City for breakfast (we both had off). The place was packed and they didn't want people standing in "their" cafe, so they asked a family with little kids (I'm guessing 2, 4 and 6) and my pregnant wife and I to "leave and go walk around the block a few times." If it weren't for my wife's looking at me with the "I don't want you to make a scene" I would have told that hipster off. I've never been treated so poorly in a food establishment.

Sorry, I had to vent about these damn hipsters. The sad thing is they would be decent people if they dropped the FTW mentality.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    She isn't a close friend. Just a random cool person to drink with.
    The problem is that we are fighting 17 yrs of liberal indoctrination in schools and a lifetime of Hollywood/liberal news propaganda. At some point a critical mass is reached and a tipping point of lib stupidity feeds off of itself.

I actually find myself hoping some of my lib acquaintances get mugged or jumped just so they can have some intelligence beat back into them.

Is she hot? If so, hit and run then drop her as a FB friend. If she's not hot, just de-friend her :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom