• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General

Nov 3, 2019
    I tried to get a lower from PSA but according to my FFL they do not ship to Maryland. So I went to Anderson's manufacturing and got a complete lower shipped to my FFL. What paperwork do I have to fill out besides the 4473? And somebody mentioned that I need a hql, I'm like idk why, I'm not purchasing a handgun.. just need a little info from you MD shooter vets out there

WHODASHIZIT

Feb 27, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I recently purchased a complete lower from United. I did not need a HQL, and the only other form i had to submit was the 77r to the state police. Hope this was helpful. I also tried to buy one was PSA and ran into the same issue. They told me they would ship them to Maryland but only if it was ordered by a FFL that is a PSA dealer

General

Nov 3, 2019
    Ok thanks info.. And do you know what is crazy my FFL is registered with PSA and they still would not send it.. wtf

pp55ftw

Jan 8, 2019
    I think it's a case where if you as a individual try to buy from the PSA website they do not ship completed lowers to MD...buddy tried and got the same answer. But if the purchase request comes from an FFL/authorized PSA dealer itself they will. The funny thing is that PSA ships stripped lowers no problem at all...maybe something they are afraid that a "completed lower"=handgun whereas a stripped lower is an "other"...

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    PSA has weird rules that make no sense... they refuse to send ammunition to MoCo because many moons ago MoCo passed some law that was overturned, yet PSA still will not send ammo. I had another dealer refuse to send ammo, but after I sent them the pertinent legal findings, they were fine sending it.

It's hard to be mad at PSA, they single-handedly brought the AR platform to the masses... there are hundreds of thousands of cheap PSA kits out there now, but they have dumb rules for other stuff... so there is that :sad20:

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I tried to get a lower from PSA but according to my FFL they do not ship to Maryland. So I went to Anderson's manufacturing and got a complete lower shipped to my FFL. What paperwork do I have to fill out besides the 4473? And somebody mentioned that I need a hql, I'm like idk why, I'm not purchasing a handgun.. just need a little info from you MD shooter vets out there
    So if it is an AR-15 lower you will need to complete an e77R online. You don't need an HQL for lower but an AR-15 lower still goes through State no matter how it is configured. Guidance I have from MSP. There is a 7 day wait as well.

An AR-10, never regulated in State, would not have to go through state for transfer of a lower.

As far as PSA, their compliance department will stop sales of lowers to non-LEO. Some seem to slip through. They will sell to an FFL in State who registers to become a PSA dealer. PSA compliance is over restrictive but in the end it's their call.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WHODASHIZIT

Feb 27, 2012
    Montgomery County
    Ok thanks info.. And do you know what is crazy my FFL is registered with PSA and they still would not send it.. wtf

From what PSA told me, you’d need to have your dealer place the order with them. It’s sort of annoying since they’ll let you order it and bill your card, but a week later they send an email stating that they won’t send the lower to MD and they cancel the order, and you wont get the refund for over a week

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    OP, do yourself a favor and just get a lower from an IP here. Don’t bother with PSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I agree, i ordered one from United from their online shop. It’s a Ruger Elite with magpul furniture and it was only $250. It’s actually pretty nice.

For a complete lower from United even better!! :thumbsup: I stand corrected.

I got an Aero Precsion stripped lower from United that I am very happy with. They have them for like $76 (including tax) + $10 MSP fee out the door. Compare that to a lower ordered on line, you have to pay for shipping and an FFL fee.

WHODASHIZIT

Feb 27, 2012
    Montgomery County

I got an Aero Precsion stripped lower from United that I am very happy with. They have them for like $76 (including tax) + $10 MSP fee out the door. Compare that to a lower ordered on line, you have to pay for shipping and an FFL fee.

Yes, they still have them available on their online store for $244.19. I can post the link if it’s allowed

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City

That's cheaper than Brownells, strong work, United!

WHODASHIZIT

Feb 27, 2012
    Montgomery County
    United is an IP (Industry Partner) here on MDS. Posting the link shouldn't be an issue (I am not a moderator)

I figured it probably wasn’t a problem, I’ll go ahead and take a chance http://store.unitedgunshop.com/lowe...-buffer-tube-magpul-moe-sl-stock-black-finish

The transaction with United was really smooth, they called me minutes after i placed the order online to confirm and let me know that they will call me as soon as it was in. I hope this is helpful for the OP and anyone else looking for a complete lower

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom