• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    The Mayberry Game Protective Association (MGPA) will be hosting another .22LR Precision Match on Sunday September 23, 2018 at 0800. The match will include 9 stages that will provide both new and experienced shooters a challenge and a good time. Come out and join us!

If there is interest, we hope to add an optional .22LR Extreme Long Range (ELR) "side-match" at the conclusion of the event and provide opportunities to test your skills anywhere from 200-600yds. To participate there will be a few qualifiers, one being the submission of a DOPE card that must be validated by range personnel before proceeding. Stay tuned for more information.

Specifics:
    • .22LR only (No other rimfire/centerfire cartridge will be permitted)
    • Round count: Bring 100
    • No redo’s… If you screw up or shoot someone else’s target, learn from it.
    • Eye/Ear protection required
    • Empty Chamber Indicator required
    • Max Shooters = 30

Address: 2555 Mayberry Rd, Westminster MD, 21158
    If your navigation can't locate the address, use "Mayberry Archers" as your keyword.
    Date: September 23, 2018
    Time:
    • Check-in: 0800
    • Match Start: 0900
    • Cost: $20 (Cash Only) / $5 for ELR (Cash Only)

Registration is Open!
    more details in the links

Main match:
    https://practiscore.com/sept-23rd-ma...match/register

ELR side match:
    https://practiscore.com/sept-23rd-ma...match/register

Hope to see you all there.

Last edited:

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    The Mayberry Game Protective Association (MGPA) will be hosting another .22LR Precision Match on Sunday September 23, 2018 at 0800. The match will include 9 stages that will provide both new and experienced shooters a challenge and a good time. Come out and join us!

If there is interest, we hope to add an optional .22LR Extreme Long Range (ELR) "side-match" at the conclusion of the event and provide opportunities to test your skills anywhere from 200-600yds. To participate there will be a few qualifiers, one being the submission of a DOPE card that must be validated by range personnel before proceeding. Stay tuned for more information.

Specifics:
    • .22LR only (No other rimfire/centerfire cartridge will be permitted)
    • Round count: Bring 100
    • No redo’s… If you screw up or shoot someone else’s target, learn from it.
    • Eye/Ear protection required
    • Empty Chamber Indicator required
    • Max Shooters = 30
    Address: 2555 Mayberry Rd, Westminster MD, 21158
    If your navigation can't locate the address, use "Mayberry Archers" as your keyword.
    Date: September 23, 2018
    Time:
    • Check-in: 0800
    • Match Start: 0900
    • Cost: $20 (Cash Only) / $5 for ELR (Cash Only)
    We'll post the sign-up shortly along with additional information.

Hope to see you all there.

I would like to try this with my new Ruger precision rimfire but don't know anything about DOPE for it. I am a newbie to this. Is it worth signing up or should I just go and watch?
    Thanks..

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I've got this one in my calendar. I am going to attend to learn how the match operates and hopefully be a participant in the future.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I would like to try this with my new Ruger precision rimfire but don't know anything about DOPE for it. I am a newbie to this. Is it worth signing up or should I just go and watch?
    Thanks..

Is there any place you can shoot prior to the match? If you can get your 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd DOPEs you'll be able to shoot the standard match easily.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Is there any place you can shoot prior to the match? If you can get your 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd DOPEs you'll be able to shoot the standard match easily.

Yoshi,
    I have my rifle zeroed for 100 yards. I could easily do 25 and fifty and note the scope numbers. Is that what you mean?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

Are these the only DOPEs we need? The last match was out to 300yds. I'm trying some new ammo and want to know what distances the COF will be. Thanks

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Are these the only DOPEs we need? The last match was out to 300yds. I'm trying some new ammo and want to know what distances the COF will be. Thanks

I would wager that you'll be running into the same distances you ran into during the last match. (25, 50, 100, 200, 300...) I would also check your 75 and 150yd dopes as well. Just in case. :)

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Is there any type of training or instruction for this type of match?

No specific training that I can think of but these matches aren't difficult and there will be plenty of people around to help. We've designed these matches to accommodate all levels of shooters. It's a good place to learn from the best while getting trigger time.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    So turns out my XT-22 Doesn't like Ely or Wolf Match and strings vertically opening groups up to over MOA but gobbles up and shoots accurately(MOA give or take) with CCI High Velocity. Will just shooting MOA with CCI allow me to compete or am I going to get decimated by .25MOA rifles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom