• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Rack got em wound up lol. I thought of that exact same response to the delegate around Nuclear drills. Seems to be they are already convinced on this passage. Hoping they will at least consider the language issues brought up.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yep, 20 seconds into a whiney (insert a probably prohibited word), crying and pleading..... it looked like he was reading a pre-fab talking points sheet verbatim.

and now a delegate asking the NRA positon on Mortars and Bazookas.......

Free with purchase of shells and rockets?

I mean, I guess background check on them would be reasonable and maybe safety zones. My neighbor on his acre probably shouldn’t be shooting them in his backyard.

ziptiespec

that is the recording from the meeting at 1pm.

Correct, it's the same link. I'm watching Delegate Moon talking about this retarded bill right now.

And WTF is a Hellfire trigger? Edit: nevermind, they showed a video explaining a hellfire trigger.

Of course they show an example of a non-modified semi-auto firing slowly in comparison to a bumpfire video, hellfire trigger video, and trigger crank video.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Here is a list of the bills they are going to go over at 3pm
    SB 210 Sen Waugh, et Correctional Services - Murder - Diminution
    al Credits
    SB 593 Sen Kelley Justice Reinvestment Act - Modifications
    SB 723 Sen Lee Board of Public Works - Erroneously Convicted
    Individual - Restitution
    SB 736 Sen Ready, et Criminal Procedure - Pretrial Release - Assault on
    al a Law Enforcement Officer (Police Protection Act)
    SB 766 Sen Lee Criminal Procedure - Pretrial Release Services
    Program - Victim Notification
    SB 767 Sen Ready Criminal Injuries Compensation - Acts Involving
    Operation of Vessel or Motor Vehicle
    SB 860 Sen Ferguson, Public Safety - Regulated Firearms - Transfer
    et al
    SB 963 Sen Hough, et Criminal Procedure - Victim Services Unit -
    al Victims' Compensation
    SB 987 Sen Kelley, et State Finance and Procurement - Grnt to Individual
    al Erroneously Convicted, Sentenced, and Confined
    (Jointly assigned to JPR and B&T)
    SB 1036 Sen Smith Criminal Procedure - Firearms - Transfer

SB 860 and SB1036 are the bills we are interested in.

ziptiespec

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    Can't make it to testify but for the transfer bill what happens if my wife takes my handgun to the range. We aren't going to buy two of each gun.

FGT1958

I can't watch anymore....they are turning the HQL which is a license to purchase into a license to own. Time to turn it off

Thanks to all those patriots that are attending and testifying. I couldn't handle the frustration from the out and out lying and misrepresentation.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I can't watch anymore....they are turning the HQL which is a license to purchase into a license to own. Time to turn it off

Thanks to all those patriots that are attending and testifying. I couldn't handle the frustration from the out and out lying and misrepresentation.

You cannot own it without purchasing it, so strictly speaking it already is a license to own in a way.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You cannot own it without purchasing it, so strictly speaking it already is a license to own in a way.

I own more handguns acquired before the HQL was law. I wouldn't have to get a HQL to keep those. People moving to Maryland with handguns, do they need to get a HQL to keep them?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I own more handguns acquired before the HQL was law. I wouldn't have to get a HQL to keep those. People moving to Maryland with handguns, do they need to get a HQL to keep them?

No, but thats why I said "in a way."

Maryland never rolls back laws no matter how bad the epic failure is.

20 years from now almost everyone who owns a handgun will have the HQL, so they will just squeeze the noose tighter.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    No, but thats why I said "in a way."

Maryland never rolls back laws no matter how bad the epic failure is.

20 years from now almost everyone who owns a handgun will have the HQL, so they will just squeeze the noose tighter.

Not true, since MD rolled back the ballistic fingerprinting program that solved NO crimes. I guess rolling it back proves it can be done, so they don't have an "impossible" argument to rely on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The voting session in HJC after the joint session did NOT deal with the Bump Stock Bill . They were clearing the decks of the other routine Bills .

T-Ball and I were in the hall ( overflow crowd of red shirts ) We were standing under a speaker listening for our names , but didn't hear them. Chairman Zirikin did let us speak , but we only had 1 min . I had to talk fast, and edit on my feet.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Thanks to everyone for coming out!

Biggfoot44 as usual did a terrific job with his testimony! Thank you very much to everyone who came out to fight the good fight to uphold our rights. Congratulations to the new folks who are getting into the thick of things and coming out to testify. It makes a difference to have a lot of diverse testimony. It never ceases to amaze me how people with different experiences and backgrounds can find so many issues and problems with the proposed law. Great job everyone!

It is frustrating hearing to hear the bills sponsors/supporters say the purpose of their bill is to go after criminals. Unfortunately, their bills always seem to lump honest citizens who happen to be gun owners into the same net. Their bills would make us criminals and whittle away at our Constitutional Rights bit by bit until there is nothing left. It is amazing how each year they give a wink and nod saying: Oh, we aren't after honest gun owners. We would use prosecutorial discretion. Do they really believe anyone is stupid enough to believe that?

We need a lot of help for next Tuesday at the House Hearings. If you can't stay to testify, please drop written testimony off. If you can testify, please come out. We need a lot of help. There are so many bills. Having new people testify on the bills really helps.

Thank you!
    :patriot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom