• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    So I'm thinking of picking up a dp-12 shotgun, for a range toy, or if reliable maybe even HD use.
    What's everyone's opinion of them,especially from anyone who might own one. Are they worth the money? I know a 870 or 590 would be good, for what I want to use them for, and I already own a few of those, but this thing just looks fun. Let me know.
    Thanks.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I've handled the DP12 a few times and I'm not impressed. It's heavy and awkward to operate. If you're looking for something different maybe consider the UTAS XTR 12. Everything I've read indicates the lower is compatible with DPMS AR10 uppers so you could get 2 guns for a little more than 1.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...rifles/utas-xtr-12-black-detail.html?Itemid=0

Otherwise I'd recommend a quality semi auto tactical shotgun if you don't own one. It will be much simpler to use and a few lbs lighter.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    So I'm thinking of picking up a dp-12 shotgun, for a range toy, or if reliable maybe even HD use.
    What's everyone's opinion of them,especially from anyone who might own one. Are they worth the money? I know a 870 or 590 would be good, for what I want to use them for, and I already own a few of those, but this thing just looks fun. Let me know.
    Thanks.

I own one that's got all the bells and whistles but have yet to actually shoot it. Personally I bought mine just for hell of it and like you, I already had the others.

They are heavy by comparrison but I wouldn't personally consider it hard to operate with the front grip installed. They're different and if that's what interests you, the DP-12 will deliver.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I've handled the DP12 a few times and I'm not impressed. It's heavy and awkward to operate. If you're looking for something different maybe consider the UTAS XTR 12. Everything I've read indicates the lower is compatible with DPMS AR10 uppers so you could get 2 guns for a little more than 1.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...rifles/utas-xtr-12-black-detail.html?Itemid=0

Otherwise I'd recommend a quality semi auto tactical shotgun if you don't own one. It will be much simpler to use and a few lbs lighter.

That's genius!!!

I have not seen this yet with the extended tubes. This would be in every Arnold movie ever if this gun was invented 30 years ago.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That UTAS XTR-12 looks hot as hell. I've been looking for another semi-auto shotgun, and it's between that and the SM SKO-BULL. Pump guns are nice, but mag-fed semi-autos are awesome.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas

Attachments

• www.thefirearmblog.comblogwp-contentuploads201701DSC08613-1-7255deefbd39ec0a9ea5fe07db55ca949d32.jpg
      www.thefirearmblog.comblogwp-contentuploads201701DSC08613-1-7255deefbd39ec0a9ea5fe07db55ca949d32.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 348

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    They also suffer from the same issue nearly all of them suffer from: only 10 round mags available (reliable mags, anyway.) I have a 1919 Match that is 100% with 10 round mags, but no one makes a reliable mag larger than 10 rounds for it, defeating the purpose of a mag-fed shotgun. I can't believe Mossberg or Remington hasn't tapped into this market.

2015-11-26%2012.25.27_zpstrmjhwh2.jpg

Even if someone came out with a reliable American-made 20 gauge AR, they'd sell a million of them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Impractical but visually intimidating. I keep looking at the OD model thinking...........maybe..........

Maybe if I am at my PA cabin and the wrong meth addicts come to the door it sends the right message...........get off my F'ing porch and land. Of course in terms of effectiveness my KSG, 590A1 or Rock Island M5 will do the same.

So.......if I see one cheap enough or am bored enough.......maybe.

If you really want to intimidate put a rail under it with a 37mm flare launcher. Talk about your fire and brimstone.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    We may need chad to look at one and figure out the issues other than being piston. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom