• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I have the card so that's no issue. Just really having a hard time justifying the full cost of a cooler I want (don't need). Lol.

MD_3%er

Jul 3, 2011
    Nottingham, MD
    YES they work 100%. I just used 35 of the $40 for $50 cards and 3 of the $85 for $100 cards to purchase a safe and all went through with no issues.

As stated above make sure if you buy online to use activejunky for another 12% cash back. Here is a link for an additional $10 if you sign up using the link (I will get $10 also:party29:). http://activejunky.com/invite/213357

Between black friday sale, discounted gift cards, cabelas cash, and activejunky I saved 48% on my safe.

Help me! lol... What is Activejunky? Also... how do you know the giftcards are legit? Usually if someones sells them online I call the number and check the balance first?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Help me! lol... What is Activejunky? Also... how do you know the giftcards are legit? Usually if someones sells them online I call the number and check the balance first?

Basically deal with a legitimate seller, preferably one that backs them. Raise is a good place for electronic gift cards. I've bought at least $1000 worth for cabelas and Home Depot from them and no issues.

On eBay SVM has proven good. I just bought a 2nd $100 cabelas gift card for $85 from them. First one worked fine.

As for checking, you can often check online. If you buy through raise you can check the balance through them as they'll run it through cabelas system and tell you. Or at least with cabelas and probably any other one that accepts gift cards online, add something to your cart, go to check out and punch in the gift card number. They'll tell you the balance left on it and then you just cancel the purchase.

Also definitely go check out activejunky. They'll send you a check or deposit in your paypal account. Your choice. No real strings attached other than I assume they sell some information about me based on my purchase habits through the stores I buy things through the site. Maybe they don't and they get kick backs from merchants to be a kind of loyalty rewards website, but I kind of try to assume the worst.

But in the last 6 months since I've started using them I think I have gotten or will be getting about $80 kicked back to me on the $1000 or so I've spent at cabelas, brownells and gander.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Basically deal with a legitimate seller, preferably one that backs them. Raise is a good place for electronic gift cards. I've bought at least $1000 worth for cabelas and Home Depot from them and no issues.

On eBay SVM has proven good. I just bought a 2nd $100 cabelas gift card for $85 from them. First one worked fine.

As for checking, you can often check online. If you buy through raise you can check the balance through them as they'll run it through cabelas system and tell you. Or at least with cabelas and probably any other one that accepts gift cards online, add something to your cart, go to check out and punch in the gift card number. They'll tell you the balance left on it and then you just cancel the purchase.

Also definitely go check out activejunky. They'll send you a check or deposit in your paypal account. Your choice. No real strings attached other than I assume they sell some information about me based on my purchase habits through the stores I buy things through the site. Maybe they don't and they get kick backs from merchants to be a kind of loyalty rewards website, but I kind of try to assume the worst.

But in the last 6 months since I've started using them I think I have gotten or will be getting about $80 kicked back to me on the $1000 or so I've spent at cabelas, brownells and gander.

I agree. The SVM cards for sale on ebay happen maybe once a month or so. You can check out their feedback rating which is no guarantee of course but you ebay has it's onwn safeguards in place plus you can always contest with your cc issuer. The only thing I'll add is that the activejunky rebate is issued once a quarter in my experience. I generally add items to my wish list when shopping then when ready to purchase, I login to activejunky (after closing the merchant site) to activate the activejunky discount/rebate. You have to go through activejunky to access the merchant website for the rebate to take effect.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree. The SVM cards for sale on ebay happen maybe once a month or so. You can check out their feedback rating which is no guarantee of course but you ebay has it's onwn safeguards in place plus you can always contest with your cc issuer. The only thing I'll add is that the activejunky rebate is issued once a quarter in my experience. I generally add items to my wish list when shopping then when ready to purchase, I login to activejunky (after closing the merchant site) to activate the activejunky discount/rebate. You have to go through activejunky to access the merchant website for the rebate to take effect.

I would say normally yes, but I think once you've done it once, they may link back to active junky always. Caution, go through activejunky. That said, one time I forgot on a $80 purchase and I was going to see if I could get my order number and submit it to activejunky support or something just to see if they could add the transaction. While poking around in my account to figure out how to do that, the transaction appeared in my account even though I had absolutely NOT clicked through activejunky before going to cabelas to make the purchase. Heck I hadn't even been on activejunky's website in >>24hrs.

So I almost always click through activejunky so it records the transactions, but with some merchants once you do it once, those merchants MAY link transactions back from there on out.

I would NOT rely on that.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    "On October 3, 2016, Bass Pro Shops announced an agreement to acquire Cabela's for $5.5 billion."

It's like buying from Bass Pro now... no thanks.:tdown:

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

I would say normally yes, but I think once you've done it once, they may link back to active junky always. Caution, go through activejunky. That said, one time I forgot on a $80 purchase and I was going to see if I could get my order number and submit it to activejunky support or something just to see if they could add the transaction. While poking around in my account to figure out how to do that, the transaction appeared in my account even though I had absolutely NOT clicked through activejunky before going to cabelas to make the purchase. Heck I hadn't even been on activejunky's website in >>24hrs.

So I almost always click through activejunky so it records the transactions, but with some merchants once you do it once, those merchants MAY link transactions back from there on out.

I would NOT rely on that.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Thanks for the heads up.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    "On October 3, 2016, Bass Pro Shops announced an agreement to acquire Cabela's for $5.5 billion."

It's like buying from Bass Pro now... no thanks.:tdown:

While I hear you, and I'm not happy about the merger/acquicsition, Cabela's is still Cabela's for the time being. For me, they're still my best option for online purchases for the most part. YMMV.

Once they are fully integrated into BPS, and we lose the sales tax part of the equation, they'll likely fall way down my list.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    While I hear you, and I'm not happy about the merger/acquicsition, Cabela's is still Cabela's for the time being. For me, they're still my best option for online purchases for the most part. YMMV.

Once they are fully integrated into BPS, and we lose the sales tax part of the equation, they'll likely fall way down my list.

That part will certainly suck on the sales tax.

One thing to remember is that even after the acquisition it is likely to be slow to see changes. Could even be a few positive changes to BPS from this, but I'll hold my breath.

I am sure it'll still be negative in the end, but I would not expect cabelas to shut down in a couple of months and the next morning for it to be a bunch of new BLS stores. I am positive we will see a few cabelas stores close. Possibly a few BPS stores close. Mostly where the two happen to have stores close to each other.

Probably within a year you'll see combined logistics and financials.

The acquisition isn't final yet. It is scheduled to be completed in a few more months.

I suspect without knowing that Cabelas will be operated as its own thing. I would expect seeing things like Herters stuff probably showing up at BPS. Likely you'll see some unique designs dropped from BPS and Cabelas and more rebadged stuff between their stores.

You may see Cabelas also drop some of their unique things, it maybe not (just looking at ammo, their selection is like twice as broad as BPS and they actually carry decency low cost ammo, like Herters, PPU, PMC, etc.) hopefully not.

At least until or if it goes down hill I'll keep shopping at cabelas. I'll certainly clutch my pearls tight for the next couple of years though.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD

I was skeptical at first also. It seems too good to be true but it all worked flawlessly for me. As posted earlier I purchased a safe from cabelas when activejunky was offering 12% back. I saved $395 by using 38 discounted gift cards (all bought from SVM on ebay). On top of that activejunky kicked back $239.99 in cash back just by signing up and going to cabelas from the link on activejunkys website. The safe was $1999.99 discounted down to 1365.00 by using the combination of discounted cards and activejunky :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom