• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The HQL background check SHOULD also be good for at least the first handgun purchase, since you wouldn't be getting an HQL unless you were preparing to make a purchase. Turn around and pay another fee the same day for another background check.

You don't get your HQL the same day, it comes a week or so later in the mail.

But, but, but, but - you might do something bad during that week and MSP wouldn't know about it yet.

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm sitting at a week with everything completed but still pending. Who knows when it will go active. Then I still have to wait for it to get mailed and another 7 day wait to get the gun. This is absurd but the crap we have to deal with.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The HQL background check SHOULD also be good for at least the first handgun purchase, since you wouldn't be getting an HQL unless you were preparing to make a purchase. Turn around and pay another fee the same day for another background check.

Not necessarily true.

I got my HQL in October 2013. I did not purchase a handgun with it for some 3 months. Plenty of time to have committed a crime or two.

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    HQL a Fees

After reading all the posts on the HQL fees, what would you expect from a State that has a Rain Tax Seriously... The HQL fees @ $110 is a deal. Such a Joke in Maryland. Change is coming .. Get out and Vote Nov 4 ... Changemaryland.org

Cheers ....:party29:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    This should honestly be our sticking point on why the HQL is racist and unconstitutional. It is a direct assault on poor (aka black) people. Imagine if you were charging minorities $100 to get a voting license. It would get struck down before you could even mutter the word “unconstitutional”.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Just a FYI... If you buy a firearm through us we will take care of your background check fee. I feel there's enough you have to pay to get the HQL so I'll pick up your MSP Fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom