Sanner's Lake applications for new memberships.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Scott --

Sure, you can PM me. I'll be happy to respond.

But also feel free to post your questions here, in open forum. There are plenty of other SLSC members who can answer most questions as well as I can.

And by posting here, others can benefit from your good questions (and there are NO bad questions).

John

P.S. Note that I picked up the Club's mail this AM and we had 25 private-mail envelopes. Guessing that about 1/2 are new applications, that brings us very close to our current membership cap. So if you are seriously interested in joining Sanner's, I suggest that you (and anyone else interested in Club membership) submit an application ASAP. JWM

P.P.S. Various Club matches are held ~15 times a month -- see here. These events are open to the public. So, even if folks do not get into SLSC as members this year, they are still welcome at the Club for our various public events. JWM

Scott P

Funny...like a clown
    Jan 29, 2013
    St. Mary's
    ^^ Are there any other fees besides the annual dues??

I also noticed training on the app.............does Hunter safety course work??

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Scott -

Good question.

Yes -- there is currently a one-time Special Assessment of $250 that will be coming due from all current and new members. It is not due yet, but will be due 30 days after our Rifle Range reopens (it will most likely become due in mid-March).
    This Special Assessment is to pay for the substantial improvements that we have recently made to our ranges. The Special Assessment may also be paid via 5 monthly payments of $55 each.

Match fees are also applicable to members, although members get substantial discounts relative to the public.

Recommend that interested folks submit applications and attend their new-member orientation. If, after the orientation, applicants decide not to join, they can depart without incurring any costs (other than the stamp for the application and the time for the orientation).

Sincerely, John

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Oops - forgot to answer this in my previous response. Any training that includes live-firing is acceptable for the training requirement.

Thus MD hunter safety is fully acceptable. Hunter Safety from other states may or may not be acceptable.

John

Scott P

Funny...like a clown
    Jan 29, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Are the Sunday black powder matches still going on? I remember we would shoot for "Reduced for quick sale" meat..............:lol2:

App will be in the mailbox tonight.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Scott (et al) --

Again, a good question. We are working to make the Club a more active and social place, with matches that engage the members and guests from the public in a number of marksmanship disciplines.
    Although we are hosting more matches than before, it is our goal to retain ~75% of the weekend range-time on the Rifle-Range and Bullseye Pistol-Range as free-shooting time.

We have commitments to host the following matches on the Rifle Range once that we reopen:
    Blackpowder Round-Ball Silhouette
    Rimfire Silhouette
    Benchrest Rimfire (IR-50/50)
    NRA High-Power Rifle or Sporting-Rifle (Pending Reestablishment)

Other on-going matches at SLSC are as follows:

Pistol Ranges:
    IDPA
    USPSA
    Combat Shotgun
    Bowling-Pin Match
    Rimfire Steel -- Rifle & Pistol
    3-Gun (Pending Reestablishment)

Shotgun Ranges:
    Trap
    Skeet
    5-Stand
    Wobble-Trap

Archery Range:
    3-D Archery Matches (Pending)

Indoor Air-Gun Range:
    10-Meter Rifle
    10-Meter Pistol

Outdoors:
    Air-Gun Silhouette (Pending)

Note that our matches are open to the public, although non-members pay a premium for the match-fees. Our current calendar is here.

A reminder for any folks who are considering joining SLSC: You-all need to realize that we are a recreational association consisting of friends and fellow-shooters. We are NOT a for-profit commercial business where you pay money for so many hours of range-time.
    On the positive side, there are no range-fees for daily use at SLSC. On the down-side, we are run wholly by volunteers, so stand-by to be asked to help-out with the Club (volunteering to help is not mandatory, but you'll definitely be pestered to help with your Club).

Sincere regards to all,

John

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    I qualified in the navy for pistol and shotgun. What certificate do I need to provide to apply for membership? Sorry if I missed the answer in another post or thread.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Sounds good. I will wait till they decide on sequestration before I put in my membership. That is money that might be needed down the road.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    That'll be too late...

Sounds good. I will wait till they decide on sequestration before I put in my membership. That is money that might be needed down the road.

We're down to less than 7 open spaces remaining in the Club. Will probably be filled within the week, thereby freezing membership.

But is also sounds like sequestration is a certainty, so it's probably a moot point in any case.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Any slots still available? Just heard about the openings today.

I think that we are almost certainly full now, just waiting to hear confirmation from the Secretary.

However, I recommend that you nevertheless submit an application ASAP (no $ needed at time of submission). Until the Board-of-Directors (BoD) formally confirms that we have reached our cap, we can still accept applications and put any overflow onto the waiting-list.

After the BoD formally confirms that we are at our membership-cap, new applications cannot be accepted until we get to within 90-days of the end of the 2012-2013 Membership-year (that means that no new applications can be accepted thereafter until 01 April -- per postmarks).

SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    I think that we are almost certainly full now, just waiting to hear confirmation from the Secretary.

However, I recommend that you nevertheless submit an application ASAP (no $ needed at time of submission). Until the Board-of-Directors (BoD) formally confirms that we have reached our cap, we can still accept applications and put any overflow onto the waiting-list.

After the BoD formally confirms that we are at our membership-cap, new applications cannot be accepted until we get to within 90-days of the end of the 2012-2013 Membership-year (that means that no new applications can be accepted thereafter until 01 April -- per postmarks).

Thanks. I will stick it in the mail tomorrow. I got stuck in a meeting today so did not make it to the post office.

dcd

Mar 18, 2013
    Look like the website is down again, anyway you can post the sponsor check list on this forum? I am going to be out of town next week and need to get it resigned since I just sent my app in but you guys were already full. I want to be able to mail it first thing 4/1 so I can be near the top of the waiting list. Thanks.....

Also if I use the new member app you posted here for 2013-2014 is that ok or will I need an updated one?

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Membership is FULL / No new apps being accepted 'til 01 April

Look like the website is down again, anyway you can post the sponsor check list on this forum? I am going to be out of town next week and need to get it resigned since I just sent my app in but you guys were already full. I want to be able to mail it first thing 4/1 so I can be near the top of the waiting list. Thanks.....

Also if I use the new member app you posted here for 2013-2014 is that ok or will I need an updated one?

You are correct -- we are now full. Therefore, per the By-Laws, no new applications can be accepted until 01 April (per postmark date).

The application posted here is still usable for next year. And the sponsor checksheet is no longer required

dcd

Mar 18, 2013
    Application put in the post office box on base this morning, you should see it tomorrow at the latest.

ccovert

Mar 18, 2011
    King George, VA.
    Sanner's Lake Application

I see the membership is full, if I send in my application today how good of a chance will they allow members in july?
    Thanks

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    It all depends upon the number of current members who fail to renew by the end of July.

Typically, we have a ~10% attrition rate each year, made up of folks who move away, pass-on, or just plain forget to renew. That would make about 60 openings -- assuming that we don't raise the membership cap this year (it is unlikely that we will raise the cap at this time).

Currently, we have about 30 applications on-file, giving you a fairly decent chance of being offered a membership in early August. Just don't dawdle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom