• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Can anyone give me guidance on organizing a neighborhood crimewatch? I have sent a few emails and left messages with the BPD but so far I haven't heard anything back. Any contacts or other advice would be greatly appreciated.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    Contact the neighborhood service unit at the SED. 410-396-2422. They will help you.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Contact the neighborhood service unit at the SED. 410-396-2422. They will help you.

Called them and they sent me to 410-637-8848. Before I hung up I said people in my neighborhood have seen a surge in crime and foot traffic. I asked if he had any info about trends or spikes in the area. He said he couldnt comment on it either way. So I called the other number and got a voicemail.

... this is getting to be rather frustrating.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I live in the Canton area and we have an informal "crime watch" in my neighborhood. When shit goes down we take direct, aggressive action against the dirtbags. We look like the normal Canton yuppies, but we don't believe in being victims. Some of us are formal military, some are just folks that are fed up. We know how to handle ourselves, we're not afraid of these punks, and we take care of business on our own. We generally don't call the cops.

Find some like-minded folks in your neighborhood and take care of business. Eventually the dirtbags will stop pulling shit in your neighborhood when they realize how bloody and risky it is for them. You deserve to live in a safe neighborhood.

Good luck!

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I live in the Canton area and we have an informal "crime watch" in my neighborhood. When shit goes down we take direct, aggressive action against the dirtbags. We look like the normal Canton yuppies, but we don't believe in being victims. Some of us are formal military, some are just folks that are fed up. We know how to handle ourselves, we're not afraid of these punks, and we take care of business on our own. We generally don't call the cops.

Find some like-minded folks in your neighborhood and take care of business. Eventually the dirtbags will stop pulling shit in your neighborhood when they realize how bloody and risky it is for them. You deserve to live in a safe neighborhood.

Good luck!

U sound like my style of neighbor. I'd rather take care of the situation with baseball bats. However I thought I would at least try to do thing the "right" way first.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    For sure you have a great idea. Our way isn't for everyone. The key thing is to have a neighborhood that cares and is proactive in being alert and aware. In my neighborhood, the association has organized a cop walk every week at dusk. A beat cop shows up and any neighbors that want to, can join in a stroll around the neighborhood. It's a good chance to express concerns to the police and give feedback. It really makes the cops feel invested in the neighborhood, when they see that we care, it makes them want to go above and beyond for us. Maybe you could set up something like that.

When it comes to actually dealing with the bad guys, I prefer to handle that. If you call the cops, there's very little that they are willing or able to do. The ones I've talked are ok with our approach. I think they honestly apprciate the help, they are basically overwhelmed. Of course they would never officially approve of it, but privately they acknowledge that we are able be more effective than they can be.

Please don't think that we go out looking to bash heads. NOT the case. I'm a peace-loving friendly guy that doesn't like to hurt anyone. However, when it's time to committ violence of action in order to legally protect people or property, I am very comfortable in doing so.

It's our neighborhood, not theirs. I refuse to feel unsafe or be a victim in my own neighborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom