• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidr145

Mar 14, 2011
    Perry Hall, MD
    Hi all, I'm new to the web site but like what I see so far. A question I have is it OK to order ammunition online from out of state companies and have it shipped to the house? Am I better off just buying it from local gunshops, Dick's, WalMart, etc. Thanks to all who respond.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Online ammo is GTG

[FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Take a look at these links – LOTS of good info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FAQ/Q&A on Maryland Firearm Laws[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Hi all, I'm new to the web site but like what I see so far. A question I have is it OK to order ammunition online from out of state companies and have it shipped to the house? Am I better off just buying it from local gunshops, Dick's, WalMart, etc. Thanks to all who respond.

If you are buying in bulk, then go online, it's a far better deal. I usually order my ammo by the 1000 round crate. It's amazing the deals you can get if you are patient.

Mark

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.

It's 100% legal depending on where you live... If it's in Phall then you are good to go!

what ammo type are you looking for? I usually order online b/c the savings is huge! but you need at least 500 rounds minimum to make it worth it unless they have free shipping

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

I buy from Cabelas all the time and it comes UPS to the house.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Here you go:

9mm:

http://www.cabelas.com/handgun-ammu...d1=728455&rid=10&WT.tsrc=AFF&WT.mc_id=k351838

On sale for $9.99. Add 16 boxes to cart (50 rounds each) and apply coupon code 2WFREE for free shipping on orders over $150. Total comes to $159.84 with free shipping for 800 rounds

$159/1000 rounds of reloads

http://www.rmammo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=317

.223:

$215/1000 rounds

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=ABS223HP55

$299.50/1000 rounds

http://palmettostatearmory.com/168.php

$259/990 rounds

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/223_ammunition.html

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    how much ammo do you have to buy from cabela's for them to send you a free dry box ?

At one point they had different "packages" available. Buy 300 rounds of PMC .223 rifle ammo and get one box, 600 rounds would get you two boxes. They also have sold some reloaded ammo in the boxes as well. At the store in PA, they had the boxes with their branded steel cased ammo as well, on the store floor.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    welcome, aimsurplus has some of the best 9mm prices I have seen if you buy 1,000 at a time.

:thumbsup: I buy most of my bulk ammo by the case from AIMSurplus.com, but I buy my self defense ammo, oddball calibers for surplus/C&R, or just topping off for a day at the range, from local shops like Hafer's in Downsville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom