• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    cross posted: see below for CA judge opinion striking similar law.

Also, very few if any of the guns confiscated in Bodymore have big mags. Most have mismatched ammo to boot. Lots of old revolvers. Plx of them are posted on Facebook.

California judge opinion striking down similar CA law Prop 63:

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content...rra_Order-Granting-Preliminary-Injunction.pdf

p43:

In other words.... Webster's opinion is sheer speculation. (shocker!)

Daniel Webster should get the liar liar pants on fire trophy. He always contradicts himself in front of actual judges.

NY law was also struck down.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Murders are up 35% in Baltimore btw since the last time they went for stupid shit like this. Baltimore Delegation hopes to distract people because theyve run out of money and ideas, and the cops are perenially on trial for something.

Murderers and multiple offenders are already roaming the streets because the judges and prosecutors keep giving people a slap on the wrist. LOOK! Over there!! A high capacity clipazine!!!

Honestly, the Baltimore Delegation has no shame whatsover.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    so I'm looking at about $1,750,000.00 in fines and just over 1,100 years in prison come October 1st 2018.

Interesting.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, the good news is, it doesn't seem like they had many cosponsors, which probably means they'll have trouble beating a veto in the unlikely event this makes it out of committee and passes a vote. This doesn't really look like a well-considered bill, and is more like the usual BS from the Baltimore reps on how they're "fighting violence".

Yes, call your reps and tell them to vote no. But also CALL HOGAN and tell him he needs to veto this if it goes anywhere. This is the one damn thing he MUST do.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well, the good news is, it doesn't seem like they had many cosponsors, which probably means they'll have trouble beating a veto in the unlikely event this makes it out of committee and passes a vote. This doesn't really look like a well-considered bill, and is more like the usual BS from the Baltimore reps on how they're "fighting violence".

Yes, call your reps and tell them to vote no. But also CALL HOGAN and tell him he needs to veto this if it goes anywhere. This is the one damn thing he MUST do.

Noted as well. Thing would be a nightmare and probably why prohibited possession wasn't in previous concoction. I've noted other states with possession bans have grandfather laws. Some even want your grandfathered mags registered.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Noted as well. Thing would be a nightmare and probably why prohibited possession wasn't in previous concoction. I've noted other states with possession bans have grandfather laws. Some even want your grandfathered mags registered.
    Yeah, while there's some pucker factor with seeing this one, I doubt it's going anywhere.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would not get complacent on this one just because it has few sponsors. There is a race this year to run as far left as possible for the MD Gov primary, show they can be as left as California. Because, they did not learn from Anthony Brown and Marty O'Mao.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I'd just make it clear to them in the committee hearing that other states have tried this and been struck down as unconstitutional; and we have some very good lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom