• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Today... I realized that my kids (17, 13, 9) have the fundamentals of shooting more than some people at the range.

Best/worst example...? Here goes my example for today.

Three guys all AROUND the gongs they put up at 100 yards. Guessing 40-60 rounds each with Tacticool magazine change. Seamed like they were going as fast as they could or perhaps a binary trigger... idk. Lol. All three shooters at the same time, missing more than 80%. DIRT was flying everywhere. And ever once in a while there’s no dirt but the gong wiggles!

IMHO, that’s what gives the firearm community a bad rep.

All rounds were impacting berm so, as far as I know no rules were broken but... damn. Learning to aim is secondary to making a pound noise maker..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Today... I realized that my kids (17, 13, 9) have the fundamentals of shooting more than some people at the range.

Best/worst example...? Here goes my example for today.

Three guys all AROUND the gongs they put up at 100 yards. Guessing 40-60 rounds each with Tacticool magazine change. Seamed like they were going as fast as they could or perhaps a binary trigger... idk. Lol. All three shooters at the same time, missing more than 80%. DIRT was flying everywhere. And ever once in a while there’s no dirt but the gong wiggles!

IMHO, that’s what gives the firearm community a bad rep.

All rounds were impacting berm so, as far as I know no rules were broken but... damn. Learning to aim is secondary to making a pound noise maker..

They were just having a little fun. I have done that I time or two with friends and never at a public range.

Probably best done on your own were someone would not get the wrong idea. LOL

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I may or may not have done that once or twice decades ago on some private property with a Mini 14. That was before I could do math, and realized how expensive it is!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You don’t want to judge too quickly, because sometimes doing stupid sh!t is fun. That said, the term “retard” should be more acceptable.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    You don’t want to judge too quickly, because sometimes doing stupid sh!t is fun. That said, the term “retard” should be more acceptable.

Laph out loud. I’m on phone so not replying to all posts but ya. I don’t really mind. It was safe, no butt hurt. Just wish it was somewhere private but, not everyone has private spot to shoot. I get that.

I’m more amused that there is less effort to get on target.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'll bet if you asked them like at work the next day they would be telling you how great they shot "One shot one kill" and they are ready to be seal team snipers.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I remember a time, a few decades ago, when 5 friends and I bought 200 rounds of assorted ammo and 4 cases of beer all at the same time, from the same teller at Wally World. In retrospect, maybe not the safest way to spend a Saturday night. At the time I was 20 something years old and 'Merica! LOL

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Not quite the same as what those guys were doing, but....

Two years ago I bought an ar10 on consignment. Got a great deal on an Adam's arms dpms II pattern ar10. Had a week to try it out to make sure there were no problems. Hit Walmart and picked up 3 asst boxes of 308 rounds. Next day at the machinegun nest, 10 mostly aimed shots and then a 10 rnd mag dump for each box. No ftf or fte. I have no doubt, people thought I was a (really loud) idiot, but i did what i intended on that trip.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Not quite the same as what those guys were doing, but....

Two years ago I bought an ar10 on consignment. Got a great deal on an Adam's arms dpms II pattern ar10. Had a week to try it out to make sure there were no problems. Hit Walmart and picked up 3 asst boxes of 308 rounds. Next day at the machinegun nest, 10 mostly aimed shots and then a 10 rnd mag dump for each box. No ftf or fte. I have no doubt, people thought I was a (really loud) idiot, but i did what i intended on that trip.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Just yesterday I did a similar thing with a new-to-me 1911 to see what it likes to eat. Mission accomplished in a little under 20 minutes. I have to admit I felt great the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom