• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If the rifle was mfg / imported After 10/01/ 2013 , opps !
    If you weren't of proper age before 10/01/ 2013, opps !
    If you have been continous legal resident of MD , there isn't a corresponding 77R for it, opps ! Unless -
    The gun pre dates 10/01/ 1996
    You were proper age before 10/01/ 1996

If having been legal resident of Free America after your becoming of proper age, subsequently establishing Md Residency before 10/01/ 2013 , the rifle must have mfg/ import, And initial sale on a 4473 within the relevant time window .

That date is for FTF transfers for handguns.

77r for regulated rifles is earlier.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    2018 Maryland Code
    Criminal Law
    Title 4 - Weapon Crimes
    Subtitle 3 - Assault Weapons and Detachable Magazines.
    § 4-303. Assault weapons -- Prohibited

Universal Citation: MD Crim Law Code § 4-303 (2018)

• (a) In general. -- Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:
      • (1) transport an assault weapon into the State; or
      • (2) possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault weapon.

• (b) Exception. --
      • (1) A person who lawfully possessed an assault pistol before June 1, 1994, and who registered the assault pistol with the Secretary of State Police before August 1, 1994, may:
        • (i) continue to possess and transport the assault pistol; or
        • (ii) while carrying a court order requiring the surrender of the assault pistol, transport the assault pistol directly to a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station, a State or local law enforcement agency, or a federally licensed firearms dealer, as applicable, if the person has notified a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station that the person is transporting the assault pistol in accordance with a court order and the assault pistol is unloaded.
      • (2) A licensed firearms dealer may continue to possess, sell, offer for sale, or transfer an assault long gun or a copycat weapon that the licensed firearms dealer lawfully possessed on or before October 1, 2013.
      • (3) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault long gun or a copycat weapon before October 1, 2013, may:
        • (i) possess and transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon; or
        • (ii) while carrying a court order requiring the surrender of the assault long gun or copycat weapon, transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon directly to a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station, a State or local law enforcement agency, or a federally licensed firearms dealer, as applicable, if the person has notified a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station that the person is transporting the assault long gun or copycat weapon in accordance with a court order and the assault long gun or copycat weapon is unloaded.
      • (4) A person may transport an assault weapon to or from:
        • (i) an ISO 17025 accredited, National Institute of Justice-approved ballistics testing laboratory; or
        • (ii) a facility or entity that manufactures or provides research and development testing, analysis, or engineering for personal protective equipment or vehicle protection systems.
      • (5) A federally licensed firearms dealer may receive and possess an assault weapon received from a person in accordance with a court order to transfer firearms under § 6-234 of the Criminal Procedure Article.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Seems weird to me. I would want proof I sold it in case it was ever used in a crime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can imagine.

Picture yourself chillin in the middle of nowhere in West Virginia during a vacay, two loud obnoxious pick-em-up trucks roll up near you, one good ol boy gets out, lifts his shirt and pulls out his heater and hands it to the other getting out his truck. The other guy tucks it in his pocket, and proceeds to grab another heater from inside the cabin of his truck and hands to empty holster guy. What in the hell....

I mean, at this point, your eyes are opened huge, blood pressure exceeding hypertension levels. You frantically look to your phone to dial emergency response for what you believe is some real bad shit about to happen, then you see you have no service, cuz' mountains.

Now you got some great story to elaborate on back in MD but the jokes on us, since it was a completely legal/happens everyday in West Virginia.

Lol.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Chances are they wont arrest you for X, unless you are being a dick to the police officer. They want to get you for X,Y,Z,P,D,Q,A,B,C then have to plead down to X and maybe Y.

Yes, if they really had a bug up their ass they could go through your bank records. Most people pay with credit or debit card. Or maybe trace it through the ATF. There are not any records of the 4473, except that there are, am I rite?

I would venture that 80% of what people have and would want to bring to a competition or for fun are the common rifles, AK and non-HBAR AR15s. The features test and OAL test (29") is on the MDSP licensing website.

Also, keep in mind, you are guilty until proven innocent. Your property, not so much. They can hold your property without actually charging you, and the legal fees to get it out of jail potentially wont be worth the rifle.

And then some damned crooked cop has an addition to his collection. I know: been there, done that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom