• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    My dad and I took my new shotgun to Continental Arms. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. I knew ahead of time to buy buckshot there. Prices were fair. Range was clean and well lit. The range was not hot thanks to the fans. Only one other person was shooting. It was the middle of a Monday. Well worth the 40 minute drive.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I assume that with certain ammunition, you have to purchase it at the range. Gilberts only lets you use the ammo they sell.

My bigger question is do they let you shoot buckshot at that range or did the OP mean to say slugs?

unimogger

Mar 11, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Continental's range rules (posted online) state "shotguns must fire buckshot only" . . . They do require that you use their ammo for guns they rent (doesn't apply to firearms you own).

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I wasn’t sure if they wanted lead only or steal shot only. I just wanted to be safe. But they only allow led shot.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I assume that with certain ammunition, you have to purchase it at the range. Gilberts only lets you use the ammo they sell.

My bigger question is do they let you shoot buckshot at that range or did the OP mean to say slugs?

Continental is buckshot only. No bird shot or slugs allowed according to their site. All ammo must be under 2000 FPS, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom