• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I was looking for some 7.62x25 tokarev ammo at my local gun shop and saw a price tag of $27 for a box! Thinking that they were out of their minds I went online and found that not only is most of it sold out but it’s definitely selling for north of $25 for a box of 50 rounds. 5 years ago I was paying $15-17 and I thought that was expensive. Anyone know where one might find reasonably priced tokarev ammo that not surplus?

Target Sports has some for $17 per box.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    Stopped by Walmart in Hampstead this morning looking for TP (not really) but found two boxes of 500 Win Xpert 22’s. $17 per. bought one left the other. No need to be greedy. All the other ammo shelves were empty. Go figure.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    9mm and Makarov

I usually shop places like sgammo and bulkammo but their prices seem just a tad higher than I remember seeing last time I stocked up. Usually, I buy in 1000 round bulk. Does anyone have a favorite place for these common calibers. Also, anyone venture a guess as to when the current mania will die down. As long as this current “crisis” has been going you’d think people would be done stocking up by now.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I usually shop places like sgammo and bulkammo but their prices seem just a tad higher than I remember seeing last time I stocked up. Usually, I buy in 1000 round bulk. Does anyone have a favorite place for these common calibers. Also, anyone venture a guess as to when the current mania will die down. As long as this current “crisis” has been going you’d think people would be done stocking up by now.

At the beginning of the current situation SG ran out of merchandise and suspended new sales for a few weeks and warned that prices are going up (AmmoJohn warned prices are going up too). As demand is higher, all prices went up... for most gun stuff - even PSA cheap rifle kits are up about $50.

As far as who is buying... there have been a lot of new firearms buyers with the pandemic, same people are stacking up on ammo. I assume others in similar situations to yours as well, seeing less ammo available and prices going up - trying to stock up a bit. It does not seem like this will end too soon. Even with the pandemic rush slowing down we are getting closer to elections - this always drives prices up as well.

Honestly, if I were you, I’d try to find the better current deal and just purchase now. Prices might go even higher as we get closer to elections.

Last edited:

Sirex