• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Picked these up a couple weeks ago. One from the recent local Gregory's auction, the other I snagged on Gunbroker for cheap.

I've been looking for a decent CZ27, and knocked out good examples of two interesting variations.

The first is a Norwegian Politi issue CZ27. From what I can tell, this was a mid-war pistol. Unfortunately, the previous owner didn't take good care of his stuff and it accumulated some minor surface rust. It's a work in progress, but I think I can make it look better. All matching. Shoots fairly good. More accurate than I expected it to be. With the auction fees it was just over $400.

The second is a late war phosphate finished pistol. I snagged it on gunbroker for only $199 plus shipping due to a poorly worded listing. Came with the original late-war pebble grain holster. It's in excellent shape and I don't think I could've done much better. I guess it must've been made Early-Mid 1945?

I'm not much of a CZ expert, so if you guys see anything interesting let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0807.jpg
      IMG_0807.jpg
      117.5 KB · Views: 403
    • IMG_0812.jpg
      IMG_0812.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 392
    • IMG_0816.jpg
      IMG_0816.jpg
      124.7 KB · Views: 390
    • IMG_0820.jpg
      IMG_0820.jpg
      133.2 KB · Views: 400
    • IMG_0823.jpg
      IMG_0823.jpg
      115 KB · Views: 398
    • IMG_0826.jpg
      IMG_0826.jpg
      121.8 KB · Views: 398
    • IMG_0832.jpg
      IMG_0832.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 410

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    The Post Title is very clever.
    Unfortunately, it may be the worst of times.

I wanted a CZ years ago, I will not do an HQL to buy more gunz. I got plenty.
    I love the way they look!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Post Title is very clever.
    Unfortunately, it may be the worst of times.

I wanted a CZ years ago, I will not do an HQL to buy more gunz. I got plenty.
    I love the way they look!

The ones posted above don't require an HQL. They're C&R-eligible.

Also you're kidding yourself. "Plenty" does not equal "enough."

For that matter, "enough" is a figure without an upper bound.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Great buys!! Man you stole the late war example for $199 with a holster! Interesting to see the influx of Politi guns on MDS recently (CZ-27, HSc, and Femaru M37), very cool! I love the late war guns and the desperation that shows through in the quality and finish. Night and day compared to the pre-war/early occupation high polish blue CZs.

Jul 1, 2012
    Yes, indeed, you absolutely scored on the phosphate GB pistol.
    Those unchipped late-war "blank" grips are almost worth the purchase price, I'm jealous just of those alone :)
    It's a late war, highest military proofed S/N is around 475000 IIRC.
    Like KH195 says, collecting early and late Axis firearms for comparison is very interesting.
    At the end, there are also tons of variations across the board.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes, indeed, you absolutely scored on the phosphate GB pistol.
    Those unchipped late-war "blank" grips are almost worth the purchase price, I'm jealous just of those alone :)
    It's a late war, highest military proofed S/N is around 475000 IIRC.
    Like KH195 says, collecting early and late Axis firearms for comparison is very interesting.
    At the end, there are also tons of variations across the board.

Thanks guys!

As roughly machined as the Late-War one is, it still functions super smoothly. I don’t plan on using it as a shooter though. I’ll just use the Politi marked one for that.

Am I right on Early (ie. January-March) 1945 as far as the estimated manufacture date? I couldn’t find much information on them with a regular Google search.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Great buys!! Man you stole the late war example for $199 with a holster! Interesting to see the influx of Politi guns on MDS recently (CZ-27, HSc, and Femaru M37), very cool! I love the late war guns and the desperation that shows through in the quality and finish. Night and day compared to the pre-war/early occupation high polish blue CZs.

This is exactly what I said when MilsurpDan emailed me with the news that he won it up on GB. Probably one of the best buys I've seen in quite a while. And this from a cheapskate who lives for killer bargains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom