• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    Can a Maryland resident purchase rifles and shotguns from Delaware dealers?

Mopao1975

May 9, 2009
    It looks like you can. I was in a Deleware Walmart near Salisbury Maryland last month (right by the MD-DE state line) and the firearms salesperson (who seemed knowledgable for once) said they did it all the time without a problem. (This is not solid legal advice, but just mu 0.02 cents. Research it some more)
    I ended up buying it in MD because the store had what I wanted in stock (vs. ordering from Walmart)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yes, you can, as long as they are not on the MD Regulated Firearms list. If they are on the list you need to have them shipped here and do the 7-day paperwork just like a handgun.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yes, you can, as long as they are not on the MD Regulated Firearms list. If they are on the list you need to have them shipped here to an ffland do the 7-day paperwork just like any regulated firearm or handgun.

+1

fixed it for you..:D

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    NO SALES TAX! Walk into ffl, you need two forms of ID with the same address on it (no sale without two forms with exact matching address !!). Fill out paperwork, get called in, get approved, pay and leave. Pick up some evil mags while your at it :)

XRider

Aug 9, 2010
    Surfside Beach SC
    Well, technically DE is not really tax free for MD residents. We still have the Use Tax.
    "The use tax is imposed on items you paid less than 6% sales tax on when you
    purchased them outside of Maryland. The use tax requires you to
    make up the difference in Maryland sales tax."

Not that anyone actually pays it, but I remember Schaefer making a lot of noise about enforcing it when he was comptroller. I beleive he actually had agents staking out stores in DE and NC (furniture).

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Well, technically DE is not really tax free for MD residents. We still have the Use Tax.
    "The use tax is imposed on items you paid less than 6% sales tax on when you
    purchased them outside of Maryland. The use tax requires you to
    make up the difference in Maryland sales tax."

Not that anyone actually pays it, but I remember Schaefer making a lot of noise about enforcing it when he was comptroller. I beleive he actually had agents staking out stores in DE and NC (furniture).

Good luck to them collecting on that! :party29:

I buy my Wally World ammo in DE when I visit Seaford about once a month. Tax free is the way we should all be!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I buy my Wally World ammo in DE when I visit Seaford about once a month. Tax free is the way we should all be!
    last time I was in Dover Walley World the ammo prices seemed a few dollars higher which negated any tax savings though.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Walmart sets their prices based on the local economy. I checked prices in the Dover Store and they were higher then the Elkton Store. Find a depressed economic area and compare the prices.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Walmart sets their prices based on the local economy. I checked prices in the Dover Store and they were higher then the Elkton Store. Find a depressed economic area and compare the prices.

Seaford is much more depressed and depressing than Dover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom