• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Will never happen, Snowflake's chance in Hell. Florida has a 35% firearm ownership

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    At least they got one thing right:
    The Militia, while on active duty, while training or in their training facilities shall possess all types of weaponry and arms required to defend the State. The weapons shall include, but not limited to fully automatic weapons, assault weapons, large magazine weapons holding more than seven rounds of ammunition and magazines with capacity over seven rounds.

Since we know that all the citizens are part of the "Militia" that means all citizens should be allowed the above.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    At least they got one thing right:

Since we know that all the citizens are part of the "Militia" that means all citizens should be allowed the above.

They might define "Militia" differently.

Two different statutes can define the same word to be different things. It depends on what the meaning of "is" is, right?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Don’t fall for the “in the militia” trap! That’s NOT what the founders meant. They meant that even though we will need standing military (at least some form of militia), that can’t be used as an excuse to infinge on an indicidual’s right to their own arms. They just shrugged off the British using that exact excuse for disarming individuals, and the 2A is there to prevent that. The right isn’t dependent on your membership in or eligibility for militia duty. Don’t perpetuate that notion! It’s exactly the opposite of why the 2A exists and what it defends.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Stuff like this is why I believe the union dissolving is inevitable. People that like are too far gone to settle into “oh well they seem really opposed to this let’s stop”. These type of infringements won’t stop, they’re determined to live in an authoritarian utopia regardless of what we or our Constitution say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Stuff like this is why I believe the union dissolving is inevitable. People that like are too far gone to settle into “oh well they seem really opposed to this let’s stop”. These type of infringements won’t stop, they’re determined to live in an authoritarian utopia regardless of what we or our Constitution say.

But the problem is the dividing lines. They are no longer north/south or east/west. Even a small place like Maryland is divided.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    But the problem is the dividing lines. They are no longer north/south or east/west. Even a small place like Maryland is divided.

Guy writing in the Atlantic (I’m pretty sure) the other day suggested two interstate compacts, one for blue states, one for red, and “neutrals” that would still answer solely to the fed. His idea for an amicable split before the split becomes forced. I think the lines would sort themselves since blue states would go full blown commie, and red states would make themselves intolerable to Dems since the gloves would be off law wise.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The State shall defend and protect the left. After they strip the ability of free men to do it for themselves. Because Statists cannot do it themselves. Spineless and helpless.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018

(I meant for my post to be here not the one above)

New world order?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    (I meant for my post to be here not the one above)

New world order?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)

Not too far off, considering what most of the left want is a US with an all powerful nanny state that will control wages, provide for the cradle to grave, and right all the social wrongs they perceive exist. That the same nanny state is also a “global country” with no borders and is beholden to compacts with the UN and EU is icing on the cake.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

And......The militia is the whole United States.

https://law.onecle.com/constitution/article-1/47-militia.html

Under the National Defense Act of 1916,1674 the militia, which hitherto had been an almost purely state institution, was brought under the control of the National Government. The term “militia of the United States” was defined to comprehend “all able-bodied male citizens of the United States and all other able-bodied males who have . . . declared their intention to become citizens of the United States,” between the ages of eighteen and forty-five.
    The act reorganized the National Guard, determined its size in proportion to the population of the several States, required that all enlistments be for “three years in service and three years in reserve,” limited the appointment of officers to those who “shall have successfully passed such tests as to ... physical, moral and professional fitness as the President shall prescribe,” and authorized the President in certain emergencies to “draft into the military service of the United States to serve therein for the period of the war unless sooner discharged, any or all members of the National Guard and National Guard Reserve,” who thereupon should “stand discharged from the militia.”

and yea, at 71 I'm still able bodied male citizen!

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Liberals are authoritarian psychopaths that want to control every aspect of your life, unless of course you want to stick your diseased member into another man's sphincter. Then it's a "human right."

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Sorry I have not done the introduction part yet. I have been a reader here for quite some time, but only recently made my account. I'll get to that later.

I can't believe that the politicians that get paid with our tax dollars have the audacity to waste time and money talking about and writing the things that I have seen come to fruition in the last few years. It's unbelievable. Why are they in charge?

I know, I know go vote (and I do). The only problem is the next guy in line behind him is the same, but with a different name. Then we repeat the cycle.

I saw that horse and chair in a video the other day and immediately thought that it should be made into a meme as it is applicable in so many threads and facebook posts.

2cnd06a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom