• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    I would like to upgrade my Glock19x trigger. However, I cannot find the right one, I only see trigger for gen3 and 4. Anyone can recommend one for me? Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Is this a competition, target or every day carry - self defense gun?

It is not for competition, this is my back up gun, I just want the trigger lighter 3.5 to 4lbs and smoother. By the way I did replace my other G19 gen3 with zevtech trigger, I love it:)

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    If you like the Zev trigger - just wait a little bit. I spoke with someone inside Zev a few weeks ago and triggers for the gen 5, presumably X and other goodies are coming June/July. With the Mega merger things are taking a little longer. I’ll admit, I don’t know if the X is compatible with G3, 4 or 5.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    It is not for competition, this is my back up gun, I just want the trigger lighter 3.5 to 4lbs and smoother. By the way I did replace my other G19 gen3 with zevtech trigger, I love it:)

Have you had the opportunity to discuss altering a self defense firearm to make it easier to shoot with an experienced firearms & criminal defense attorney?

I still haven’t seen any case law, but I wouldn’t alter a edc gun from factory. Why give them any possible argument?

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    If you like the Zev trigger - just wait a little bit. I spoke with someone inside Zev a few weeks ago and triggers for the gen 5, presumably X and other goodies are coming June/July. With the Mega merger things are taking a little longer. I’ll admit, I don’t know if the X is compatible with G3, 4 or 5.

Thanks for your info, I ll wait for it, no rush

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Have you had the opportunity to discuss altering a self defense firearm to make it easier to shoot with an experienced firearms & criminal defense attorney?

I still haven’t seen any case law, but I wouldn’t alter a edc gun from factory. Why give them any possible argument?

You make a very good point, I agree 100%. For me, the most important thing is when one get involve in a shooting,they can prove whether it is justify or not.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

how long have you been looking for case law? days, weeks, months, years, decades? and yet nothing found?

i guess never say never, but the reason we seek better triggers is to improve accuracy, so we hit what we're aiming at and don't hit what we're not aiming at. can't see an otherwise justified shooting going sideways because someone improved the accuracy of their firearm. maybe we shouldn't use lights, lasers, scopes or red dots, fiber optic or nite sights, etc along the same reasoning.

now obviously the lighter the trigger the easier it is to AD/ND, but that's another issue, unrelated to a justifiable shooting.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I guess this thread is as good as any to ask this question so here goes.
    Someone tell me the difference in the Glock trigger/bars SP0357 and SP2303, I tried to Google but had no luck Rotherham than some say they will interchange others say they are different.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I guess this thread is as good as any to ask this question so here goes.
    Someone tell me the difference in the Glock trigger/bars SP0357 and SP2303, I tried to Google but had no luck Rotherham than some say they will interchange others say they are different.

Well I’ll update my eariler post. From scouring the web I think I found my answer, they will interchange. The only difference I can find is that the SP0357 has a smooth trigger shoe and the SP2303 has the grooved shoe.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    how long have you been looking for case law? days, weeks, months, years, decades? and yet nothing found?

i guess never say never, but the reason we seek better triggers is to improve accuracy, so we hit what we're aiming at and don't hit what we're not aiming at. can't see an otherwise justified shooting going sideways because someone improved the accuracy of their firearm. maybe we shouldn't use lights, lasers, scopes or red dots, fiber optic or nite sights, etc along the same reasoning.

now obviously the lighter the trigger the easier it is to AD/ND, but that's another issue, unrelated to a justifiable shooting.

I’ve also listened to the experience of many criminal defense attorneys, expert witnesses, LEOs and professional instructors. Not a single one thought it was a good idea.

I’ll stick with that. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom