Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So do you mean to tell me our only hope is that Hogan Vito's the bill? Which many are saying is unlikely.

I think it is bull stuff. Bump stocks and binary triggers are not regulated. ATF is not going to send out stamps for something that they do not regulate. I thought it was unconstitutional 4 our government to make us destroy something that was totally legal when purchased.

Hogan asked for this bill on tv so lets see what he does........

and dude, this is md, the constitution doesn't mean squat to the mga, oh wait, except for 11 in the senate and 6 in the house? I believe those are the numbers of good guys. all the others are anti 2a anti gun anti constitution anti their oaths and anti Maryland peons. we would all due well to remember that before they infringe on the air a gun owners allowed to breathe.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    So, when they are required to be turned in, can we mail them anything that can be used like a bump stock. Pieces of wood, plastic, belts, etc. Fill their evidence locker with trash. They file a suit for just compensation. THink of 22,000 lawsuits filed.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    So, when they are required to be turned in, can we mail them anything that can be used like a bump stock. Pieces of wood, plastic, belts, etc. Fill their evidence locker with trash. They file a suit for just compensation. THink of 22,000 lawsuits filed.

Turn them in to our pro gun governor

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012

Great idea, but send them to Busch & Miller.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is that the plan? If the Governor signs the bill do we ship them to the Governor's Mansion?

Yes, ship day before the ban, arrive after the ban goes into effect.
    Heck, maybe a massive 3DPrint of that trigger thing and everyone sends them in the mail?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Is that the plan? If the Governor signs the bill do we ship them to the Governor's Mansion?

I'd hate to see people surrender their $200 device to a guy that took a piss on them and said it was raining.

But it might be the best variant of FOAD

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    This is Bull.
    Is it not Unconstitutional for them to declare we turn them in or pay fine/ arrest for an unregistered item that has been legal to purchase and use all this time? If there is a law suit v/s Hogan, I want in.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I wonder if they realize you can fire it just as fast with your own trigger finger using your week hand index finger and the barrel resting on something. So I guess they could legally cut your weak hand index finger off as a "rapid trigger assembly". Or you could just hold a small stick in your week hand and do the same thing. Probably would be pretty easy to do it with a firearm with a pistol brace instead of a stock.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    This is Bull.
    Is it not Unconstitutional for them to declare we turn them in or pay fine/ arrest for an unregistered item that has been legal to purchase and use all this time? If there is a law suit v/s Hogan, I want in.
    Won't hold water. Remember you used to be able to buy a Thompson SMG from the local store back in the 20's and part of the 30's. Then they outlawed them until the ATF came about and added a process to own them. Just because it was legal at one time does not mean they can't be made illegal later. Lots of legal precedent on this. Otherwise we could still buy Coke with cocaine in it.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    A better way to squash this is show that you can do the same thing without the device with any semi-auto firearm. You don't have to show accuracy just that the same speed of fire can be done without the device. Then banning the device makes no legal sense.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Yes, ship day before the ban, arrive after the ban goes into effect.
    Heck, maybe a massive 3DPrint of that trigger thing and everyone sends them in the mail?

Mail them from out of state where they are legal to a legislator. Then under 1302 file a red flag claim that he is in violation of the law and a danger to society. This really isn't helpful is it?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    of course it does. all you have to do is get the atf to approve your stuff. but since they don't approve stuff their not gonna.

Oh, it's worse than that.

And frankly, right now this bill doesn't mean squat anyways, because ATF wants to make bumpstocks flat out illegal on a federal level.

The ATF has published their NPRM (Notice of Proposed Rule Making) about the bumpstock issue right here.

In short, what they are proposing to do is to declare that bumpstocks (and other like devices) are in fact machineguns. Hence, as these devices were by and large produced after the Hughes Amendment was (illegally) put in to effect in 1986, they are now all illegal machineguns and must be either surrendered or destroyed.

Now, the NPRM is only the first step in a long and sometimes complex process to put a new regulation in effect. There is a public comment period, which is open now. The ATF then has to address all of these comments, and may amend the proposed rule before it is published in the Federal Register and goes in to effect.

Right now, though, if this rule were to be enacted as it is currently written the Maryland bump stock ban doesn't mean diddly squat because unless yours was produced prior to 1986 it will become an illegal machinegun and you can either destroy it, turn it in, or go to federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

And frankly, right now this bill doesn't mean squat anyways, because ATF wants to make bumpstocks flat out illegal on a federal level.

The ATF has published their NPRM (Notice of Proposed Rule Making) about the bumpstock issue right here.

In short, what they are proposing to do is to declare that bumpstocks (and other like devices) are in fact machineguns. Hence, as these devices were by and large produced after the Hughes Amendment was (illegally) put in to effect in 1986, they are now all illegal machineguns and must be either surrendered or destroyed.

Now, the NPRM is only the first step in a long and sometimes complex process to put a new regulation in effect. There is a public comment period, which is open now. The ATF then has to address all of these comments, and may amend the proposed rule before it is published in the Federal Register and goes in to effect.

Right now, though, if this rule were to be enacted as it is currently written the Maryland bump stock ban doesn't mean diddly squat because unless yours was produced prior to 1986 it will become an illegal machinegun and you can either destroy it, turn it in, or go to federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

I believe the feds are only doing bump stocks

I have commented to the atf already

And yes it’s ********

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013

ATF is to look at bumpstocks, but from what I read thats it. Maryland is including binary triggers, etc that ATF will more than likely not include (at least as of right now)

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    So who will be the first to file a class action lawsuit against the state for violating the takings clause? Let's try for an injunction and see where this falls.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I believe the feds are only doing bump stocks

Nope.

ATF is to look at bumpstocks, but from what I read thats it.

Nope.

Read the link I had in my post, particularly Section V, the "proposed rule." ATF wants to redefine what "a single function of the trigger" means in relation to machineguns.

I'll quote:
    Finally, the Department proposes to clarify that the definition of a “machinegun” includes a device that allows semiautomatic firearms to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter (commonly known as bump-stock-type devices).

They call them "bump stock type devices" throughout the whole thing, but they don't limit themselves to just literal bumpstocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom