Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    We need a like button

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The asshats can't stop the real criminals so they think they can turn non criminals into criminals and go after us.. MGA and liberals wouldn't know common sense if it was in front of them in a neon sign.

Funny, common sense IS in front of them in a neon sign.

If they would only follow...

images

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    HB888 - Rapid Fire Trigger Activator, has been given a favorable report by the Senate Judicial Proceedings committee.
    Its second reading in the Senate is on April 2nd
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...subject2&ys=2018RS#SenateCommitteeReport28JPR

The "interesting" thing about this is that at this point, this bill will basically be totally moot if the ATF's NPRM about bump stocks goes through even vaguely as written, because they will all be illegal and have to be destroyed.

Of course, that's like a year long process, minimum, and the proposed rule might change, but as it's written right now the MD law just won't matter.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Interesting that the senate amendment to reduce the penalty to a $500 fine got the support of McFadden and Currie

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    "We have given up the question..."

If we agree to ban bump stocks because they facilitate rapid firing, we have given up the question. We have agreed in principle that any dangerous gun can be banned and confiscated by an arbitrary executive order. All guns are capable of rapid fire, and all guns are inherently dangerous. Pump-action shotguns can be rapidly fired and reloaded. Jerry Miculek can fire five shots from a double-action revolver in 0.57 seconds. High-capacity magazines most certainly facilitate rapid fire, so they also will have to go. A writer who wants to ban all "private individual ownership of firearms" recently argued that "even bolt-action rifles can still fire surprisingly fast in skilled hands." He's right. All magazine-fed guns will be outlawed.

There is no compromise involved or proposed here. In return for a ban on bump stocks, we get exactly nothing – the same situation we have been through now for eighty-four years. Despite the fact that the Constitution forbids any "infringement" of our right to keep and bear arms, we have endured repeated trespasses. In less than a hundred years, we have been subjected to the National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, the Brady Act of 1993, and countless state restrictions on our rights. If we would be honest with ourselves, we would admit that half the Second Amendment is already gone.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art...e_surrender_on_bump_stocks.html#ixzz5BHnVWf00
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

"Come at me, bro..."

Attachments

• 4204884A-97AB-408A-940E-C590D3918139.jpg
      4204884A-97AB-408A-940E-C590D3918139.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 423

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Today, Tuesday, Deep Lurker and I are in the House Judiciary Committee as we standby for Little Sen. Ramirez (PG) to present the Senate version of the Bump Stock bill, SB707.

This is a “courtesy” hearing with no other witnesses other than the sponsor Ramirez. A vote on it is not expected today.

I will put post the hearing link when it goes live...

Until then “Come at me, bro” (as seen above)

The scheduled 1PM hearing has been pushed back because the floor session let out late

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Fresh Prince, MoCo Sen. Will Smith is also presenting his Senate version the Firearm Transfer bill that stipulates that citizens convicted of a felony be ordered to surrender firearms.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Three of the four rows of gallery seats are chock full of red-shirted Grandmoms Demanding Action, with Everytown For Gun Safety logos on their backs.

Included in their gaggle are several subservient Low-T Males.

Attachments

• 6500ACAB-C9BF-4C6F-95AF-A7FD98FED0D2.jpg
      6500ACAB-C9BF-4C6F-95AF-A7FD98FED0D2.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 468

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Bump Stock Treason Ban Bill has passed the final vote in the Senate 35-11.

It’s a safe assumption all 11 Senators were voting nay, leaving, I believe, 3 Quisling Republicans to vote to take legally purchased and owned property.

To their credit a good number of Republicans offered amendments to change the criminal penalties to $500 civil penalties but all were objected to by sponsor Sen. Ramirez and voted down.

There was also an amendment to authorize a small fund administered by the MSP to compensate Maryland owners of bump stocks turning them in but that amendment was voted down.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The Bump Stock Treason Ban Bill has passed the final vote in the Senate 35-11.

It’s a safe assumption all 11 Senators were voting nay, leaving, I believe, 3 Quisling Republicans to vote to take legally purchased and owned property.

To their credit number of Republicans offered amendments to change the criminal penalties to $500 civil penalties but all were objected to by Sen. Ramirez and voted down.

There was also an amendment to authorize a small fund administered by the MSP to compensate Maryland owners of bump stock owners turning them in but that amendment was voted down.

So, the final version has NO grandfather clause?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So, the final version has NO grandfather clause?

of course it does. all you have to do is get the atf to approve your stuff. but since they don't approve stuff their not gonna.

had they said the atf would be issuing stamps for these things and made some sort of arrangements for this to happen, which they can not, then we could have applied for stamps but , that's not gonna happen.

and since the feds are trying to make bump stocks illegal anyway the only things that could go that way are your trigger devices but md doesn't give two shits about you or your shit so they worded these bills as such.

so destroy your stuff, and I assume keep the remains for them to see when asked, or turn them in to be legal once Hogan signs this shyte bill into law.

Maryland is a turd floating in a septic tanks slowly sinking into the abyss.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    So do you mean to tell me our only hope is that Hogan Vito's the bill? Which many are saying is unlikely.

I think it is bull stuff. Bump stocks and binary triggers are not regulated. ATF is not going to send out stamps for something that they do not regulate. I thought it was unconstitutional 4 our government to make us destroy something that was totally legal when purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom