• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    I have been looking at the sp01 p01 p10f and 75b. I am a lefty. Which ones do you guys recommend?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I have been looking at the sp01 p01 p10f and 75b. I am a lefty. Which ones do you guys recommend?

How soon are you planning to purchase? If ranges were open now, I'd advise finding one that has them to rent and see which one you like shooting the best. Otherwise, I don't think you can do much better than a classic 75B.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    How soon are you planning to purchase? If ranges were open now, I'd advise finding one that has them to rent and see which one you like shooting the best. Otherwise, I don't think you can do much better than a classic 75B.

Taking my HQL at the end of the month. So end of June would be when I'm making the purchase. Gonna be going to a few ranges in the next week or so see what they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    For what purpose?

Range toy, home defense, concealed carry, other?

If you want to carry it; P01, PCR, or if you want subcompact, CZ-2075 RAMI.

For anything else, I'd agree with dontpanic. SP01 Tactical is probably the next purchase on my list.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    For what purpose?

Range toy, home defense, concealed carry, other?

If you want to carry it; P01, PCR, or if you want subcompact, CZ-2075 RAMI.

For anything else, I'd agree with dontpanic. SP01 Tactical is probably the next purchase on my list.

Sorry forgot that part. Range toy and home defense. So looking like the sp01 is a big hit so far. Gotta find it in a store now to buy and shoot.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Sorry forgot that part. Range toy and home defense. So looking like the sp01 is a big hit so far. Gotta find it in a store now to buy and shoot.

I don't see your location, but if you are near either of these... 2A Sales in Jessup and Baltimore's Best Pawn in Finksburg both usually have CZs in stock, and both are great people to deal with. If they don't have exactly what you want I'm sure they can get it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

I dont think you can beat a 75B as step one. Classic lines, form and function usually some deals out there. Go from there.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    I panic bought all my mags before the Tyranny Act of 2013. Never even thought of having a 10 round CZ mag. What I was saying is expect to pay more for mags than for other handguns.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I see a lot of people endorsing the SP01 Tactical and for good reason. The best choice here, in my opinion.

For home defense I’d want to avoid any manual safety’s that might accidentally engage at the worst moment.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I have to say I am a BIG CZ fan.
    The SP-01 is a fine firearm and you will have a good time at the range with it. See if you can get an out of state address and get some standard capacity 18 round mags.
    The P-01 is a fine gun as well. If you get an older model you find one with an NSN number. These guns passed the NATO torture test and are fine carry guns and range guns. The Natural Point of aim on both will astound you if you haven't shot CZ before.

That being said don't be shy about the P-10 and the P-09. Rent them at a range and try them out. They are also a few of my favorites.
    Once you get your CZ addiction in full swing, start checking out Cajun Gun Works to see how to make an awesome gun even better.

Any way you go, you can't go wrong.

Enjoy and let us know what you choose.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have to say I am a BIG CZ fan.
    The SP-01 is a fine firearm and you will have a good time at the range with it. See if you can get an out of state address and get some standard capacity 18 round mags.
    The P-01 is a fine gun as well. If you get an older model you find one with an NSN number. These guns passed the NATO torture test and are fine carry guns and range guns. The Natural Point of aim on both will astound you if you haven't shot CZ before.

That being said don't be shy about the P-10 and the P-09. Rent them at a range and try them out. They are also a few of my favorites.
    Once you get your CZ addiction in full swing, start checking out Cajun Gun Works to see how to make an awesome gun even better.

Any way you go, you can't go wrong.

Enjoy and let us know what you choose.

All great advice, I would add that given the choice I would go with a PCR without the rail vs the P01. I love my P01 but the rail is a bit useless on a firearm that size and I generally dont keep lights on compacts. But its a preference item.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    All great advice, I would add that given the choice I would go with a PCR without the rail vs the P01. I love my P01 but the rail is a bit useless on a firearm that size and I generally dont keep lights on compacts. But its a preference item.

Might be a little strange, I still prefer my P-01 to my PCR, even though I will never mount a thing to that rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom