• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I think this model would work. Just on a slightly larger scale. No tolls, little to no maintenance and good access to great Duck and Sika hunting.
    It would need a minor substitute for the 80mm ammo can that acts as a counterweight. Something I'm sure any slide rule engineer could easily figure out.

The only thing is, don't put your chest waders or hip boots on till you make it across. Theirs a rest stop with a bench just inside the phrag on the other side of the gut.

IMG_0799 (2).jpg

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    A couple of things, I see no posted weight limit and no guardrails - Feds won't like that. Did you have an Environmental Impact Statement prepared for that project?

Regarding a substitute for the ammo can, the mountain of regulations and requirements for major bridge project planning and construction could be printed out and that should be more than sufficient as a counterweight.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Were the obligatory millions spent on a feasibility study yet?

jtkendall

Jul 13, 2018
    Maryland
    Would it be single lane as shown in the model or would there be multiple lanes? I can see it causing major back ups on the western shore even without tolls as a single lane. Though that may convince people to stay home instead of clogging backroads trying to get to Ocean City, which is an idea that is important to me as someone who can't get from Wye Mills to Kent Island easily on the weekends.

Also follow up questions, will it be produced from wood as the model and would that wood be pressure treated or will the bridge need to be completely replaced from time to time?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Would it be single lane as shown in the model or would there be multiple lanes? I can see it causing major back ups on the western shore even without tolls as a single lane. Though that may convince people to stay home instead of clogging backroads trying to get to Ocean City, which is an idea that is important to me as someone who can't get from Wye Mills to Kent Island easily on the weekends.

Also follow up questions, will it be produced from wood as the model and would that wood be pressure treated or will the bridge need to be completely replaced from time to time?

The current Bay Bridges are in a constant state of painting, rusting, stripping, priming, and re-painting. Rinse and repeat.

This one won't rust. :D

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    The way I see people drive, just use a trebuchet and throw them over the bay!

zkkuR1q.png

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Will hunting water fowl from the bridge be allowed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, only at low tide. In case the bridge gets stuck, someone can still motor past it.

A couple of things, I see no posted weight limit and no guardrails - Feds won't like that. Did you have an Environmental Impact Statement prepared for that project?

Regarding a substitute for the ammo can, the mountain of regulations and requirements for major bridge project planning and construction could be printed out and that should be more than sufficient as a counterweight.

Two relatively local guys drove off the CBBT and were killed the other night.
    One from Seaford and the other from Bridgeville. I'm guessing late Saturday afternoon.
    It was a heavy rain at the government beach in Assateague when we went there for a swim that night. I cant imagine how they managed that unless a larger vehicle was able to knock them over the wall or they bounced off one that was stopped.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How will it behave in cross winds? I remember seeing a video that said some bridges act up in cross winds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom