• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Primary Arms is not a top tier vendor. They shipped me a small part in a plain envelope, which of course got lost in the machinery at USPS. (You have to use padded envelopes or stuff gets shredded.) Then they complained about having to fix the issue. Never mind that a lot of the brands they carry are nearly junk.

As for mags, MD is a small state. Find a vendor or gunshow you like, and take a friend on a roadtrip.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    die_thread_die.jpg

THREAD! DIE!

41M4JkW4wsL._SX482_.jpg

Last edited:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    seriously people- when they passed the damn law Mike Miller told us to shut up and just get mags out of state like he does.

It's not a secret, the legislature knew all about it when they passed the law. Why so defensive when discussing legal options?

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    seriously people- when they passed the damn law Mike Miller told us to shut up and just get mags out of state like he does.

It's not a secret, the legislature knew all about it when they passed the law. Why so defensive when discussing legal options?

Not getting defensive about legal options, but what the op posted wasn’t legal. No one is saying anything about going to an out of state shop or gun show. There is a difference.

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    This. It is illegal to purchase magazines greater than 10 rounds in this state. If you were in the state of Maryland when you placed the online order, you were in violation of the law regardless of where it was shipped.

This is the strangest interpretation of internet commerce I have ever heard. Unless you can point to a specific clause in the law, here or anywhere, I call shenanigans.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is the strangest interpretation of internet commerce I have ever heard. Unless you can point to a specific clause in the law, here or anywhere, I call shenanigans.
    It's not a crazy idea. Good example is how Maryland bans shipping certain alcohol in the state... the ban was held to not be in violation of the commerce clause because it applies equally to in-state and out-of-state shipping. If they're prohibiting "purchase" from both in- and out-of state vendors, their interpretation would pass muster on a commerce clause basis.

I mean, otherwise, why couldn't you just ignore the transfer part of the law, too? It's interstate transfer! Fair game! Sorry, but that's not how it works.

That said, this is not PA's responsibility to police, unless their site is physically hosted in MD. (Incidentally, if they ever had an AWS data center here in MD, that would be a real possibility for some vendors.)

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    All examples given thus far, including the official referral on having guns transferred in state but the mag transferred back out, involve some physical footprint within MD state lines. My transaction was entirely outside, and therefore not in violation of any state laws.

This issue has been addressed before with an issue even more important to politicians: sales tax. There is no interstate internet sales tax which has been upheld by the courts. Why? Because the states authority ends at its border. Doesn’t matter if I was inside the MSP barracks when I made my internet order. The physical money and physical product never came in contact with Maryland.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Why is it so hard for people to just run to va and grab what they want for cash with no possible questions?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Why is it so hard for people to just run to va and grab what they want for cash with no possible questions?

Because bitching about the same picayune nonsense over and over and over again is darn near an Olympic sport on MDS.

Palmetto used to ship to 'Free' states with a Maryland billing address (or so I have read), and if i ever choose to buy from them, i sure as hell wouldn't start a thread about it.

A wise old owl sat in an oak
    The more he saw the less he spoke
    The less he spoke the more he heard
    Why can't we all be like that wise old bird

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

Actually, I was among the crowd in the hallway of the Senate office building when I heard him say he would buy HANDGUNS out of state before he would submit his fingerprints. The damned fool doesn't even know federal law, so how is he qualified to make state laws?:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    All examples given thus far, including the official referral on having guns transferred in state but the mag transferred back out, involve some physical footprint within MD state lines. My transaction was entirely outside, and therefore not in violation of any state laws.

This issue has been addressed before with an issue even more important to politicians: sales tax. There is no interstate internet sales tax which has been upheld by the courts. Why? Because the states authority ends at its border. Doesn’t matter if I was inside the MSP barracks when I made my internet order. The physical money and physical product never came in contact with Maryland.

Because the law says it is illegal to BUY in this state. You were in this state when you bought them, so therefore illegal.

It all depends on the wording of each law.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Several have said it already. If you want normal capacity mags, it is perfectly legal to drive to VA or PA and buy them.

No one is going to arrest you at the boarder.

I bought some 30 rd AK mags in Texas and flew back to BWI with them in my checked bag.

You are allowed to POSSESS them, just not BUY them in MD.

The last thing you want is for some forum troll to turn you in. YOU would be the TEST CASE for the law.

Lets not go there....... Erase your original post. Or edit with extreme vigor. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom