• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    What the capacity of the CZ mags in 140? I get 21+1 in MBX mags, 20 reloadable. I assume the CZ is similar.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    What the capacity of the CZ mags in 140? I get 21+1 in MBX mags, 20 reloadable. I assume the CZ is similar.

I have two friends with TS (one TS, one TSO) and both get 20+1. I've heard anecdotally that people are getting 21+1 but that requires some hefty testing and tuning, internal sanding of the mags, clipping spring coils, etc. Definitely a labor of love.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I've dry fired a TS Orange. It definitely has a feel in the hands very akin to a Shadow 2. The go to for Limited is 2011, though, as has been stated. I run 2011s in Limited and really like them. The TS is a great gun, though, too. It is a bit lower to get into cost-wise and the mags are cheaper. If you order this from CZ Custom, spend the extra $300-$400 and have them polish it and tune the trigger. The out-of-the-box Orange was still a bit rough. I'm a snob, though.

For a good limited 2011, you're really a little north of $3k plus mags at $130 a piece (MBXs). You could go Atlas or CK Arms or there are many others. Lots of semi-custom options here.

Are CK Arms 2011 guns able to be brought into MD? I checked the MSP handgun roster and the closest thing I found was a listing for a manufacturer “CK Frames”, 2011 frame, multi.

I have to get permission to buy a custom top-shelf gun...I hate Maryland!

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Are CK Arms 2011 guns able to be brought into MD? I checked the MSP handgun roster and the closest thing I found was a listing for a manufacturer “CK Frames”, 2011 frame, multi.

I have to get permission to buy a custom top-shelf gun...I hate Maryland!

The CK frame is on the roster. I think this would cover any CK gun, but I could be wrong. I personally know people in MD that have CK's.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    isn't the "frame" the actual "firearm"? it's the part that is serialized.

Great point. It’s just a firearm (frame) with a bunch of non-regulated trinkets attached to it. I’ll follow up with LGS.

The whole roster concept is just a blatant infringement...wonder what Madison would think of the king having to approve citizens’ arms. He probably covered it in federalist papers and I don’t even know it...

Edit: he had really amazing foresight. It’s all spelled out for the “2A is for deer hunting” crowd.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._46

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom