Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II

Notices

Old October 4th, 2017, 12:40 PM #11

You have access most likely to 1 of the 8 Reproduction China Lakes remaining on the registry in the U.S. and they only want a little over 15K for it? Something doesn't seem right.....Vaughn at Auto weapons has at least 5 of them going for at least 30K each. But if you have a China Lake and it is a Original Vietnam era made by the Navy in 1968 I will give you $100,000.00 in a cashiers check for it by confirming the serial and markings on the receiver proving its a 1968 NAWS original.
HELLSXGUNSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 01:42 PM #12
Certified Mad Scientist

Certified Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
Lol

If you shoot an intruder in the nuts with a M203 chalk round, 60% of the time he leaves everytime.

Buy it! No idea about a good price but it looks really cool.
And at least 3% of the time, the acorns will fall off the tree... so to speak.
Doctor_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 06:58 AM #13
AR15Dave

AR15Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLSXGUNSMITH View Post
You have access most likely to 1 of the 8 Reproduction China Lakes remaining on the registry in the U.S. and they only want a little over 15K for it? Something doesn't seem right.....Vaughn at Auto weapons has at least 5 of them going for at least 30K each. But if you have a China Lake and it is a Original Vietnam era made by the Navy in 1968 I will give you $100,000.00 in a cashiers check for it by confirming the serial and markings on the receiver proving its a 1968 NAWS original.
Not sure how many Autoweapons has but they are reproduction and he is asking $15+K for them last time I inquired about one.

Dave
ar15dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 11:24 AM #14

Well then you Sir have found a prototype Gem if it turns out to be a Canal Side Guns (CSG) Launcher and a steal at 15K. The only companies involved in the military contract race for a Mil-Spec China Lake were Airtronic with Trident.... A 2 Million dollar deal spent alone on researching and engineering the old system all over again, The two companies were in a major legal battle and eventually all repro launchers were destroyed by a court order according to Mary Lou Ellen the CEO of Airtronic. The only competition to them during the timeline for a Mil-Spec manufacturer that built them was CSG. As far as I know the CSG had 10 of them for prototypes repro's but only 8 of them were completed in full during the race and the Marine Corps went with the MGL Launcher and scrapped the China Lake Launcher contract shortly after allowing the CSG version to be sold to the public openly for the 8 launchers. Also Alfred F. Kermode was the original designer of the China Lake Launcher and he has patents on its design that are now owned by the U.S. Gov, so you wont see too many more of the launchers allowed to be reproduced in the future unless the Gov leases the patented rights. Heres a copy of the Patents on that launcher. https://www.google.com/patents/US3435549 If the repro turns out not to be a CSG stay the hell away from it as it has some serious red tapes that may end up as patent infringement and violations, civil law suits and possibly even fed charges and seizure. Dave, If you buy it and it is a CSG please posts some pictures of the launcher, I always enjoy seeing the rarities of the gun industry.
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:35 PM #15
AR15Dave

AR15Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLSXGUNSMITH View Post
Well then you Sir have found a prototype Gem if it turns out to be a Canal Side Guns (CSG) Launcher and a steal at 15K. The only companies involved in the military contract race for a Mil-Spec China Lake were Airtronic with Trident.... A 2 Million dollar deal spent alone on researching and engineering the old system all over again, The two companies were in a major legal battle and eventually all repro launchers were destroyed by a court order according to Mary Lou Ellen the CEO of Airtronic. The only competition to them during the timeline for a Mil-Spec manufacturer that built them was CSG. As far as I know the CSG had 10 of them for prototypes repro's but only 8 of them were completed in full during the race and the Marine Corps went with the MGL Launcher and scrapped the China Lake Launcher contract shortly after allowing the CSG version to be sold to the public openly for the 8 launchers. Also Alfred F. Kermode was the original designer of the China Lake Launcher and he has patents on its design that are now owned by the U.S. Gov, so you wont see too many more of the launchers allowed to be reproduced in the future unless the Gov leases the patented rights. Heres a copy of the Patents on that launcher. https://www.google.com/patents/US3435549 If the repro turns out not to be a CSG stay the hell away from it as it has some serious red tapes that may end up as patent infringement and violations, civil law suits and possibly even fed charges and seizure. Dave, If you buy it and it is a CSG please posts some pictures of the launcher, I always enjoy seeing the rarities of the gun industry.
Will see if they are still available and ask if they are CSG made. If I do get it I will certainly post pics of it. Will take it to the range and let some folks fire it as well.

Dave
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:16 PM #16
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsideout View Post
How much are you really going to shoot the launcher? Or are more interested in this from a collecting and investment standpoint? I would add another MG to the collection before picking up another launcher. Here are a few MG suggestions, not already in your collection: Thompson, 10/22 Pack, HK sear.
I agree with this guy!
Billman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:59 PM #17
AR15Dave

AR15Dave

I heard back from the seller and he states the China Lake launchers were made by ASI. Not sure how legit they are.

Dave
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:55 AM #18

Yeah I wouldn't touch them with a 1 mile pole. If they could prove they received leasing rights from the gov for the patents i would be curious enough to confirm with the contract paperwork. Otherwise it may turn out to be a China something not a exact milspec reproduction as they would have to design its internals and action without the patent infringements and then who knows what type of Frankenstein launcher it is.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II