• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Anyone have any experience with these? I'm not finding much in the way of online reviews; mostly just marketing materials. There are some reviews on Amazon - a majority seem to think they're the bees knees, and there are also a handful of really bad reviews. It seems the bad reviews may be from people who just don't know how to use/maintain them properly.

I *really* like the idea of electronic plugs - I simply can't use muffs with long guns at all, but also hate not having the benefits of electronic muffs when I have regular foam plugs in.

They claim a NRR of 30db which is perfectly acceptable to me; the cheap foam plugs I usually use are 29db. I only ever shoot outdoors, and it's mostly rimfire and trap, with some pistol - very little medium to high power rifles (and I try to stay away from other shooters with them on the line just because I don't like the noise).

I actually use Westone IEMs as a musician, and am super happy with them - I know Westone makes quality stuff. And while I use silicone tips for my IEMs, and these are obviously foam, I will say the comfort on them has been way better than other silicone tips I've used, so Westone seems to know a thing or two about the ergonomic side of things.

Aside from being rather pricey, it seems like this should be a totally killer product, but I'm finding very little evidence of them actually being used in the wild, which makes me wonder if they really are as great as I think they could be.

So anyone around here have any experience with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom