• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

mnNRwHE.gif

:smoke::goodpost::brows::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::shocked3::shocked4:

I brought some extra popcorn

Since a "butter" opened this thread, you guys might need to bring more popcorn.

Lev928

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2015
    WESTERN MARYLAND HILLS
    Please if you would for others and myself make a list of what you see as the correct actions that should be taken for guns , training , permits and other 2A topics .

Go beyond what the "state" (whatever state) considers the minimum for buying, owning and carrying CCW. It simply isn't realistic. Ongoing training is critical. Simply sitting in a classroom and/or shooting at static targets is just not enough. I assume you already know what training is out there and available to the public. Go beyond basic is the point. And keep going. Go beyond the fundamentals and knoa the law. Basically, survive a deadly force encounter while covering your ass.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    38 posts because I actually train, have real world experience and don't have time to deal with those that don't. Those that have a lot of posts must have plenty of time to kill. Do the math.

Sorry I took you for a new-comer. Your reputation didn't proceed you... speaking only for myself. At seventy-nine, I'm past comparing careers. Carry on.

Lev928

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2015
    WESTERN MARYLAND HILLS
    Would have been more appropriate to wait a couple posts and add it to the unpopular opinions thread in the water cooler section. Now you can read that thread and see you aren't alone.

The problem is that my life and professional experience related to firearms isn't qualified for the water cooler. But I get your point.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Go beyond what the "state" (whatever state) considers the minimum for buying, owning and carrying CCW. It simply isn't realistic. Ongoing training is critical. Simply sitting in a classroom and/or shooting at static targets is just not enough. I assume you already know what training is out there and available to the public. Go beyond basic is the point. And keep going. Go beyond the fundamentals and knoa the law. Basically, survive a deadly force encounter while covering your ass.

It states on your profile you live in Maryland , where do you think Md. can improve on ?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My "girlish figure" obviously far outweighs your real life training and experience, speaking of trolls ...

So, just as anticipated, you're not going to trouble yourself to answer the questions. Here's one more shot:

What's not legal about carrying after Maryland issues a W&C permit? You brought it up when you came out swinging and scolding in your original post. Why so shy now about the details?

And I'm especially interested in what you called "so-called" rights. Clearly you don't think that whatever you so vaguely referred to are actual rights, so be specific. No? Figures.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    There are two things called the U.S. Constitution and LAWS that dictate what you can and cannot do. Training ... REAL, ongoing training -- and experience* -- will define what happens when you carry and pull that trigger.

The U.S. Constitution has some amendments, one of which ensures your right to keep and bear arms. I don't remember anything in there about training, REAL or otherwise. I have a few friends who are police officers, Great guys who've worked their way up to pretty nice positions. They get REAL training. One of them, who is like a brother to me, pretty much can't hit the side of a barn. He qualifies on the range but when we shoot together he's a train wreck. Another friend, who's retired from a local county PD and now works for the FBI, had an accidental discharge when we were shooting clay pigeons together at a friend's farm.
    So what's the point of your thread? Do you want some mandatory training before a person can carry a concealed firearm? What do you suggest?

* in your experience how many police officers in your department have fired their weapon while on duty? How many successfully hit their target? You know lot more police officers than I'll ever know but my guess is that most officers never, ever fire their gun while on duty. In fact, I'm pretty sure my uncle never unholstered his pistol in his entire law enforcement career.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

So I should send in more money for taxes , in order to show I care more .

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

So you are saying you let law abiding citizens go when carrying without a permit but having a permit doesn't make the majority of people responsible enough to be carrying?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Just trying to make a point about training and real world experience, not what the state considers "minimum standards".

Well...
    It is NO damn secret around here that I defend LE... so long as they are RIGHT.

"SO CALLED RIGHTS"?

WT ROYAL F?

NONE of my rights or rights of any other person... as spelled out in the COTUS are "so called". They are either rights or they are not... And NO WHERE written in those rights does it say that "training and experience is required" before one may exercise those rights.

WAY off base... and completely in the realm of "fear of the untrained".

So NO...
    One should NOT be REQUIRED to have training to exercise their 2A.

Everyone SHOULD avail themselves of as much training as is within their means.

But "lawfully require training... to allow one to exercise their 2A"? NO
    That would give the government carte blanch to restrict and infringe upon the 2A rights. And the COTUS does not give the government THAT power.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom