• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Like in other threads, the horde is slowing moving to supposed red states to make them purple.

I did have a question. Suppose that gubbmint was not here, would most of the Dem votes not be here due all the Fed jobscand contractors? Perhaps VA would be more red and MD still blue but way less so

Not likely. I think VA would be solidly red, but MD would be deep, deep blue thanks to Baltimore. Everything in Monkey County would still be farmland, but the Balt Co and Howard Co. suburbs would still be around and full of blues fleeing their self-made disaster in Baltimore.

dremort

Jun 6, 2018
    Eastern Bloc MD
    So ironic that when i finally get the sack to build an AR, they start up with this banning ********. H-Bar is the last piece I'm waiting on from Columbia River Arms. So tired of these liberal virtue signalling havens.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is a point that isn't being discussed. These types of bills have caused the already small number of Maryland Republican voters and gun owners to leave the state, myself included.

Even a few of my friends in Maryland have recently told me about leaving Maryland either for PA, VA, or elsewhere.

People need to realize the impact this has on the long term. You have no chance of having gun rights in a state when the number of pro-gun people keep leaving month after month and year after year.

It's a vicious trend. Even if SCOTUS provides some relief you've already have too many pro-2A people who left Maryland. The MGA will find other creative ways to restrict guns. I really do hope SCOTUS weighs in but they would have to be wide sweeping rulings on multiple gun restrictions.

Much the same thing is happening in NY. 95% of the real estate lies beyond NYC/Long Island, yet the rest of the state, mostly Republican, is jerked around by the Big A. The state will go broke from paying pensions, and as the tax rates keep going up, people with the means to do so are heading for the exits.

It's mostly a money issue there; most of the state gave the finger to the so-called Safe Act, with only maybe 5% of the evil EBRs registered. Most of the upstate police are not interested in hassling folks over magazine capacity. However, gun confiscation is going strong in the bigger cities. Buffalo cops have been known to check the obituaries against lists of handgun owners, and will come to the door for their guns by the time the owner is in the dirt.

It's only a matter of time before we're required to have exit visas in order to move out of the state. It's for the ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶ taxes, of course.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Like in other threads, the horde is slowing moving to supposed red states to make them purple.

I did have a question. Suppose that gubbmint was not here, would most of the Dem votes not be here due all the Fed jobscand contractors? Perhaps VA would be more red and MD still blue but way less so

It's kinda hard to say, right? If the Federal government wasn't here, there'd be no DC to build a metropolis around. And that being said, cities tend to go left, even in red states.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Just as a general FYI:

As of this moment, no amendment has yet appeared on the text of HB612 itself, nor is there an updated policy analysis. Yes, I was listening to the sponsor's testimony last night and yes, it sounds like he implied it would be added, but just be advised that it HAS NOT YET.

People can say anything they want in a hearing- what matters is what actually happens to the bill. Hopefully it just dies.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I remember

It's kinda hard to say, right? If the Federal government wasn't here, there'd be no DC to build a metropolis around. And that being said, cities tend to go left, even in red states.

I graduated from rockville high school in 1984. A ton more people in monkey county were republicans. Reagan was the number one celebrity or something in the year book. VA was red. And like what was posted most now suburban areas were farms

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Not likely. I think VA would be solidly red, but MD would be deep, deep blue thanks to Baltimore. Everything in Monkey County would still be farmland, but the Balt Co and Howard Co. suburbs would still be around and full of blues fleeing their self-made disaster in Baltimore.

yeah colo certainly isn't a gov't hub...

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    I graduated from rockville high school in 1984. A ton more people in monkey county were republicans. Reagan was the number one celebrity or something in the year book. VA was red. And like what was posted most now suburban areas were farms

Yup. I remember. I'm WHS 1990. There was a real hunting culture in MoCo back then, though I remember one of my neighbors wasn't allowed to come over to my house because we had guns.

My observation, and I think demographic data will support, is that over time, major metropolitan areas become Democratic. This is irrespective of whether the Feds are involved. There's a lot of reasons for this, but it comes down to left-leaning folks gravitating to major cities, as well as populations who grow accustom to a big city's social services (for lack of a better term.)

Now that being said, I think DC is unique because so much Federal work attracts left-leaning folks these days. I'm willing to bet that puts DC on an accelerated track for turning everything around it (especially VA), blue.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC

The horde is not infinite, people move, come and go, but yes the fact that NoVa is close to DC has brought a lot of Federal workers and contractors to NoVa making the area blue. Their presence is largely contingent on Federal spending in the area. However, Federal military projects bring more of a red populous, as the military tends to be more Republican. Keep in kind people from the Mid-West and other parts of the South also move to NoVa, so it isn't just leftists from NY/NJ/MD but Republican minded voters too.

There's new population data out that the population growth rate in Northern Virginia has actually slowed down for the first time in years.

I think Republicans in Maryland, should either move out to PA or VA. No point in living in Maryland IF you care about your vote, gun rights, taxes, sanity, and more. Often a Republican vote casted in Maryland is obsolete.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is a point that isn't being discussed. These types of bills have caused the already small number of Maryland Republican voters and gun owners to leave the state, myself included.

Even a few of my friends in Maryland have recently told me about leaving Maryland either for PA, VA, or elsewhere.

People need to realize the impact this has on the long term. You have no chance of having gun rights in a state when the number of pro-gun people keep leaving month after month and year after year.

It's a vicious trend. Even if SCOTUS provides some relief you've already have too many pro-2A people who left Maryland. The MGA will find other creative ways to restrict guns. I really do hope SCOTUS weighs in but they would have to be wide sweeping rulings on multiple gun restrictions.

And you have no chance for gun rights in your state if you run. VA and PA will become as bad as MD eventually unless citizens push back and fight every step of the way. Who would’ve thought Colorado would flip? Texas? (Not that far off)
    Stand and fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Much the same thing is happening in NY. 95% of the real estate lies beyond NYC/Long Island, yet the rest of the state, mostly Republican, is jerked around by the Big A. The state will go broke from paying pensions, and as the tax rates keep going up, people with the means to do so are heading for the exits.

It's mostly a money issue there; most of the state gave the finger to the so-called Safe Act, with only maybe 5% of the evil EBRs registered. Most of the upstate police are not interested in hassling folks over magazine capacity. However, gun confiscation is going strong in the bigger cities. Buffalo cops have been known to check the obituaries against lists of handgun owners, and will come to the door for their guns by the time the owner is in the dirt.

It's only a matter of time before we're required to have exit visas in order to move out of the state. It's for the ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶ taxes, of course.

A great reason why there should be an electoral college for state elections. New York City would not be able to control the entire state. Many other examples across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    As Miller has said, "We can get anything we want, it's just whether the juice is worth the squeeze". Well, they can get all the juice they want now and not worry about the squeeze.

IMHO we can spend a lot of time writing and petitioning politicians who will blow us off, protest to the same folks and end up getting nowhere, or spend some time and resources getting ready for what comes after The Great Maryland Gun Rights Massacre of 2019.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    As Miller has said, "We can get anything we want, it's just whether the juice is worth the squeeze". Well, they can get all the juice they want now and not worry about the squeeze.

IMHO we can spend a lot of time writing and petitioning politicians who will blow us off, protest to the same folks and end up getting nowhere, or spend some time and resources getting ready for what comes after The Great Maryland Gun Rights Massacre of 2019.

The thing is gun-control is a winning subject for many of these Democrats in their district. The people protesting most likely don't even live in the district many of these Democrats in MoCo, Baltimore City, Howard, and PG county represent.

I think there is a good chance these bills will pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom