• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Holy crap....

Yea, Dillon could have told you to get bent, but they stand behind their products. Good on Dillon for making it right, even after the warranty period expired.

They 100% could have and I was expecting just that. To have them offer up the help, it was just great.

The repair guy I talked to said that it's not uncommon for the commercial re-loaders and brass processors to run a press into the ground and then just sell it instead of sending it back to be rebuilt. Dillon presses hold their value so they get top dollar, buy a new one and the buyer gets stuck if there are any issues with the press.

Pretty $hitty

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Full disclosure, that's what I was hoping to accomplish here.

To help your cause I'll chime in:
    I was gifted an old 450, contacted Dillon and for $89 ? they refurbished it for me, actually they sent me a 550 brand new except for the shell plate ... now thats a lifetime warranty!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    To help your cause I'll chime in:
    I was gifted an old 450, contacted Dillon and for $89 ? they refurbished it for me, actually they sent me a 550 brand new except for the shell plate ... now thats a lifetime warranty!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I bought my 550 B about 20 years ago and have never needed anything, it just works.....I cant give a better recommendation

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    421730.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a 550B. My first and only press. I’ve had to call Dillon a couple of times. Always helpful.

PSA: If you are considering reloading, buy Dillon, and don’t let anyone tell you that a progressive is not a good first press.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dillon has sent a number of parts over the years for free. Including shell locator buttons that I stated I had dropped and lost.

I have a very early 650. They offered to rebuild and update it to the current setup for $75. If I even take the press down to the point it is almost ready to ship back, I will do so.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    inkd, glad you got the press taken care of. I have a Dillon press and their support is second to none. Plus they are willing to actually talk to you.

Sellers like this are cropping up all over. I bought a barrel off GB with cleverly taken pics. New but complete junk. Of course, sold as is. The very obvious defects were plain in hand and could have been indicated and the price dropped. I got away from the auction sites for awhile be ause of that type BS. The anonymity and lack of in person contact brings shysters out of the woodwork.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've had great experiences with all the major reloading product companies in terms of support. Haven't always loved their products (*cough*Lee Loadmaster*cough*) but they stand behind them when you ask for help or parts, even when they're way out of warranty. RCBS even fixed my ancient case trimmer when the motor died!

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Dillon is amazing.
    I wore out some parts on my 650, printed a parts list from their website, went into their showroom in Scottsdale, AZ with my list and money in hand. They refused to take my money. They handed me a bag of the needed parts and sent me on my way.

I bought that 650 in person at their AZ facility; super helpful staff in every possible way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom