• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I have a Nagant Pistol I purchased it from SOG or some other online store using my C&R years ago. Its in great condition, just sitting in my safe. Wanted to put it classifieds but not sure of a good price. Looked in GB and didn't find anything.
    Any help is appreciated

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I sold mine almost a year ago for 299 but it came with a box or 2 of ammo, holster, and cleaning kit

I am pretty sure it was 299

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Depends on original or refurb. What year made. Typical WWII Refurb about $250

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    I am sure its a refurb, I will look when I get home from work.
    Thanks..
    I should clarify that they were post WWII refurbished. Also if you have full rig that will add to value.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Not sure what full rig is. The pistol has 1945 on it, so I imagine it was refurbished then...

More likely 1945 was its birthday.

I have one that appears refurbed, dated 1899, first year of Russian production. While I wish it was original, with no import mark, it won't get thrown out for eating crackers in the safe.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    First, I haven’t seen these commonly available in any numbers for 2+ years. Like M91/30s, I think people bought everything up when they were $99 and then $129 and then $179 and are sitting on them. I remember the doomsday posts about how they would never be available again and were the next gold mine. At the tail end of their commercial availability, e-tailers were selling them for - and were getting - $279.99 and that price has pretty much stuck as a floor. So, second, the ones that you do see for sale are usually high $200s. In my opinion, based on what I’ve seen, $250 would be a good price these days for someone who had to have one, and that’s without a holster and, unfortunately, that’s with a hideous import mark. Now, I’m not saying you can’t or won’t find one (or shouldn’t wait to find one) for less (in fact, see my thread here about the one I just purchased for $195), but I think I’m pretty spot-on as a general matter.

If your revolver bears a 1945 date, then that is the date of manufacture. There are several import mark styles and they can be on either side of the revolver.

17d77437600dd973908a7592ab705d24.jpeg

09a82fe348b11047cd18c5541a2ae4ea.png

b08d8de94f01a9ba079319eac4edd88d.jpeg

24de8f0be39b47b9cdfb5c68bb78cf8b.jpeg

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Thanks.. I have the same marking as the first picture. I have it listed in the classifieds. I have it listed at $275. But i think I will lower it to $250 for MDS members to be fair.. Thanks!

Jul 1, 2012
    One (1945) just sold this week for $390 from a dealer that usually gets high-end on his auctions.
    Shows what a "complete rig" would be.
    I'd agree $250 is about right for a gun only, with import marks if you're serious about selling, and asking a little more if you can be patient.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/773655306

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks.. I have the same marking as the first picture. I have it listed in the classifieds. I have it listed at $275. But i think I will lower it to $250 for MDS members to be fair.. Thanks!

it should sell fast, but this is a weird time of year to be selling stuff, with folks on vacation, saving / spending money on same etc.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I wish Maryland respected the C&R license. So absurd to do MSP paperwork and wait 8 days on a 70 year old revolver that I could legally bring home this afternoon from another state.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I wish Maryland respected the C&R license. So absurd to do MSP paperwork and wait 8 days on a 70 year old revolver that I could legally bring home this afternoon from another state.

If you find it in another state, you still can.

But yes, it is ridiculous. Maryland law only exempts “dealers” they don’t exempt “license holders” like most other states do with things like background checks, etc. and MD law makes it clear dealers are licensed by the state. So technically MD law doesn’t appear to exempt FFLs of any sort on intrastate transactions. Only those who also hold a MD dealers license (which should basically be all FFLs other than an 03)

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    it should sell fast, but this is a weird time of year to be selling stuff, with folks on vacation, saving / spending money on same etc.
    I agree. $250 in October would go fast. Summertime very few are buying and those that want to buy don't have the money to buy much. Most people are on vacation or planning to pay for a vacation. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom