DC Permit-90 Wait ends on 8/18, what are my options?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I re-applied for my DC permit on 6/18, during the window before the stay was applied to Judge Leon's decision in Pink Pistols. It was free to re-apply and I work in DC often so I figured what the heck, try again.

What are my options if the city decides to deny my permit based on a lack of G&S while the Pink pistols case is still pending?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    not sure if this helps or not

Attachments

• DC Firearms Act addition permit appeals board.pdf
      103.1 KB · Views: 123

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Not what I was looking for, its the same BS as MD HPRB. I am wondering how the pending litigation impacts the status of application.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IANAL, but the current DC law is now back in place. I'm guessing DC will do nothing until and if they lose.

which is why IMO waiting for all this to play out makes sense, and saves money too.

I am of the opinion that DC will follow their normal procedures of denial until the court tells them differently.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I was aware of that risk when I reapplied but there was no additional expense to do so. If you have been turned down in the past based on GS they accepted an application without the fee. The only thing I'm at is about 30 minutes of my time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    well the effect of a stay puts the old law back on the books until such time as a higher court rules against DC. As long as this is in place it's business as usual for DC IMO and IANAL.

maybe Esqappellate can weigh in here.

DC wiill deny, deny deny until a court orderts them not to.

my .02

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    There are some of us who were denied by MPD the first time around (even with G&S), after 180 days in Cathy's ******** whirlpool, appealed, and STILL haven't received an answer from the review board. While the regs require YOU to respond to a denial within 10 days, there is no time constraint for THEM to issue a decision. Welcome to Soviet Russia.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    There are some of us who were denied by MPD the first time around (even with G&S), after 180 days in Cathy's ******** whirlpool, appealed, and STILL haven't received an answer from the review board. While the regs require YOU to respond to a denial within 10 days, there is no time constraint for THEM to issue a decision. Welcome to Soviet Russia.

Spoke too soon. Just got my denial from the board. G&S submitted was multiple armed robberies. Application originally submitted April 2015. 16 months of runaround to have a fundamental, constitutionally enumerated right denied. Hello fascism!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Spoke too soon. Just got my denial from the board. G&S submitted was multiple armed robberies. Application originally submitted April 2015. 16 months of runaround to have a fundamental, constitutionally enumerated right denied. Hello fascism!
    Your personally were the victim of multiple armed robberies in DC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom