• smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    hmmmmm yesss yess...i see

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    So just how bad is your OCD that you feel the need to constantly account for every round of ammo you own?:rolleyes:

this website, MDShooters, has caused me to go from keeping an accurate round for round count of every kind of ammo i have, to today trying to keep an average (to the nearest 1000 or so) in my head.

damn you mdshooters.. it all your fault! :rolleyes:

Ultimate Member
    Currently I try to keep a inventory of all my ammo using a crude spreadsheet, however it doesn't fit my needs that well.

I'm looking for an ammo inventory program. I've found some firearm programs, but they are more geared towards gun inventory.

What I would like is to be able to create a ammunition type, record initial inventory. Then as I buy or shoot ammo, I can create entries that log that and update the total. Inputting variables such as purchase price and location would be great as well.

Also, currently with my spreadsheet, I have two ammo sources. One a long term inventory stored in ammo cans (think of your savings account). The other is ammo stored in my range bag (think cash in your wallet). I track the ammo can inventory closely, but the range bag ammo not so much. It would be cool for an app to be able to move ammo between storage locations.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

why do you want to to it your self? vote democrat and demand they make all gun owners register each round of ammo. Then someone will always know how much ammo you will have.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    So just how bad is your OCD that you feel the need to constantly account for every round of ammo you own?:rolleyes:

HAHA, depends on how bored I am ;)

Don't need to account for every round... but I like statistics and figuring out how much I shoot on various trips, etc.

Just run MS Access. Make a database, and make fields for everything you need. Then setup your queries and make a switchboard to make it look good.

If you have Excel 07 (as mentioned earlier...) you could use a pivot table which adds quick filtering abilities.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I completely understand the OP. If you are a computer person, you always want to have a special application for a task

I would love to know how many members have computer related jobs. I would not be surprised if at least 20% of the membership were IT people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom