• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The p250 is not a bad gun. I don't prefer dao, but my wife bought it a long time ago as a carry gun and does well with it. As someone more accustomed to striker fired pistols, there are better options. But if it has to be dao with a hammer the p250 is solid.

MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County
    Doesn't Ruger have a P series DAO?

Yeah P89 DAO

That's for the recommendation - I wasn't aware of this particular model from Ruger; some quick research shows that it's actually the P89M model which has a DAO Trigger System.

the P89 has a DA/SA Trigger System

the P89M has a DAO Trigger System - which is what I'm searching for.

Thanks again for the input - much appreciated!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And any armorer or gunsmith can easily and quickly convert just about any conventional DA/SA to full stroke DAO .

And that begs the question of what type of DAO you have in mind. Full stroke vs partial aka hybred, restrike capability vs not ?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Beretta makes/made several over the years. Will be used but may be worth a look. 92D as mentioned, Centurion (slightly shorter version of the 92FS) the Cougar (Stoeger makes now), and their Compact. Pretty sure their 9000 was also made in a D, local dealer has one but I can't recall his name. More than likely he'll be at the HoCo show if you go looking. He had it there last time as well as the Frederick show. The 9000 is a bit of an acquired taste.

Nice thing about the D's from them is they are slick sided so a bit thinner to carry since no safety on the sides (except for some rare D's which a certain police agency wanted the safety also on it.)

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Smith and Wesson 3rd gens
    Kahr Arms
    Beretta Px4 storm

Beretta 92D

I'm guessing the DAO is an agency requirement for off duty?

Kahrs are DAO but not hammer fired. I believe the only Storms that are DAO are the type D models.

BMassBMore

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    I have a P229 DAK I'd be happy to let you play with if you want to try before you buy. PM me if interested (not offering to sell mine).

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    the beretta 92D is double action only, as well as a a few in the 226/229 family, in addition to the 250.

there is also a model of the hk usp that is DAO. i think its the LEM trigger. you can also get the P30/P2000. it also exists the the sk variants. i assume you can get the LEM trigger in all of their hammer fired handguns.

there exists a CZ-75B DAO, they don't make it anymore, but they are out in the wild.

With respect to the HK P2000, the LEM trigger was first put in the P2000 V2 series. Every series after the V2 has the LEW trigger.

MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County
    I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation to all those that have made recommendations thus far.

I'm currently researching and evaluating the different recommended handguns that have been suggested.

Specifically - what I am looking for is a 9mm conceal carry handgun that is:

A. Hammer Fired - (not interested at all in Striker Fire)
    B. DAO or DAK - Double Action Only Trigger System- ( the handgun must have restrike capability).

At first glance, I thought that my options were going to be limited to just the Sig P250, but it now appears that I have many more options.

Once again - thanks so much for all of the recommendations thus far.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Restrike capability leaves out the 4 Digit S&W's . Somebody probably already knows about restrike for DAK and LEM.

SIG offers (offered ?) old school DAO on the P Series since before there was a DAK ( think the NYPD approved version).

I haven't tried one, but people I respect sing the praises of the DAO PX4 in regards the trigger. ( As being as smooth as a S&W revolver, not as being an imitation Glock.)

The "best" DAO is both subjective, and a trivia contest . The most widely used DAO pistols by LE were the Berretta M92 and M96 , and hence the most numerous in circulation as used pistols

I have fired the P250 . To Me , coming from a background with DA revolvers in my formative years, I can relate, and found them plenty viable. Shooters with backgrounds in either striker fired, or 1911's find the P250 very different, and generally hate on them.

MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County
    Restrike capability leaves out the 4 Digit S&W's . Somebody probably already knows about restrike for DAK and LEM.

SIG offers (offered ?) old school DAO on the P Series since before there was a DAK ( think the NYPD approved version).

I haven't tried one, but people I respect sing the praises of the DAO PX4 in regards the trigger. ( As being as smooth as a S&W revolver, not as being an imitation Glock.)

The "best" DAO is both subjective, and a trivia contest . The most widely used DAO pistols by LE were the Berretta M92 and M96 , and hence the most numerous in circulation as used pistols

I have fired the P250 . To Me , coming from a background with DA revolvers in my formative years, I can relate, and found them plenty viable. Shooters with backgrounds in either striker fired, or 1911's find the P250 very different, and generally hate on them.

Thanks so much for your input and suggestions.

Through some of my research, I learned that some years ago, FN Herstal in Belgium (the manufacturer of the Browning SA Hi Power) had also manufactured some DAO 9mm handguns that were based on the Browning SA 9mm High Power.

The one in particular that caught my attention is the FN HP-DAO Compact / Browning BDAO Compact

http://modernfirearms.net/handguns/hg/be/fn-browning-hp-da-bda9-e.html

Unfortunately, the FN HP-DAO Compact is almost impossible to find in decent condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom