• ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Ana Sol Gutierrez?
    (born January 11, 1942 in El Salvador)

220px-Ana_Sol_Gutierrez_28200729_zps59b33d99.jpg

Sweet Geezuz. :eek: Why did you post that pic? Last thing I wanted to view before going to bed. She looks like a Maryland Delegate posterchild for ill kept physical and mental health

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Get in touch with the entire House regarding this bill. Emails and phone calls, stat. Don't let up.

Email tool - http://actionmail.ksconline.net/

Phone numbers - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=100704

Thank you for the useful link BDS!

My letter as sent to all senators and delegates:

Subject: Any and All Infringements on the 2nd Amendment are UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Body:

Each and every one of the persons receiving this message has sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. Regardless of your emotional response to arms of any make or manufacture, you must adhere to your oath.

I am not willing to sacrifice my civil rights to your irrational fear of inanimate objects. I will not be treated as a criminal without due process. I will not surrender property without a court ordered warrant for that property. I demand equal protection under the law. I will continue to invoke my right to free speech. And last, but not least, I will continue to keep and bear arms for the defense of myself and my unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The Second Amendment was protected by our founding fathers as a final defense against tyranny of any origin. That includes yourselves, should you decide to enact tyrannical laws.

Since several of our neighbor states demonstrate greater respect for civil rights when compared to Maryland, I feel compelled to remind you that there are several avenues available to your citizens to protect their liberties. Not the least of which will include relocation of several highly educated and high earning residents, along with their considerable tax revenues. Think long and hard about that consequence before you react hastily and ignorantly to restrict the rights of the citizens of Maryland.

Regards,
    Name deleted.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Complete VS but it doesn't ban possession? So I can just drive to VA and buy them.

It seems to amend the existing law, so no. But it does mean many handguns cannot be sold here with mags because under 10's aren't available from the factory. Also by making it a crime to use over 10rds in a crime I could see a threat to ccw folks. Even if they determine a shoot was self defense they could still hit the "victim" with the mag charge.

ARGuy87

Nov 20, 2012
    My email to our "representatives":

This bill will not achieve anything except empower the criminals you claim you're trying to disarm. Since most handguns come with a standard magazine carrying more than 10 rounds, this is in effect, a handgun ban. As for an assault weapons ban, it would be a direct infringement on our 2nd amendment rights. Don't act like you are doing us a favor if you "graciously" decide to allow grandfathering of rifles currently in our possession, that is not enough. The true citizens of MD, who are well informed and who will turn out in record numbers in the next election are not going to stand idly by while you trample on the constitution. If you want to make a difference in crime, address mental health and stop pretending that guns, especially "assault" rifles which were responsible for exactly 2 murders in MD in 2011, are the big issue here. You have a duty to represent your voters, and believe me, this is not what we want.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    This is the letter I am sending out to everyone and anyone I can find.

An open letter to all Americans,

I could start off this letter with all kinds of statistics but you know them, you just don’t care. Any information or data that refutes your position is ignored. There are many problems in the United States these days and while the illegal use of firearms is one of them it is not the greatest. If someone wants to kill a lot of people they will find a way regardless of any law you may write, because they will not care about the law. If they were law abiding citizens in the first place they would not load up a truck with fertilizer and diesel fuel and blow up a Federal Building, a blast that claimed 168 lives, including 19 children under the age of 6, or use a few gallons of gasoline to start a fire that killed 87 people trapped in a club called "Happy Land" in the Bronx section of New York. Those are just two examples of mass killings that did not use a firearm and both of them killed more people than any firearm related event here in the United States.
    The most recent event in Newtown, Connecticut has once again brought out the hysterics that guns are bad!!!!!! How can a tool be bad? Is a hammer bad? They have been used to kill a few people. Sure any tool can be used for bad things, but anything can be put to an evil use if someone so desires. The thread connecting most of the people that have committed these deplorable must be the focus here, they needed help and it appears they did not receive it. The hypocrisy displayed by Senator Dianne Feinstein, and others, is just mind boggling, it’s ok for them to carry a concealed weapon but want to prevent the average citizen from doing the same? Or to prevent them from owning a scary looking rifle that is less powerful than the average deer hunting rifle commonly used here in the U.S.? REALLY?? Just because a rifle has a pistol grip and a plastic shroud around the barrel rather than wood does not magically turn it into a fully automatic Assault RIFLE like the M-16, any more than adding some spoilers, stickers and a loud muffler can turn a car into a Nascar Stock Car. Continue to work in your offices where you are safe because you are protected by ARMED men and women paid for by our taxes. You are truly worth protecting while you insult the people that only want the same protection you have for themselves and their children.
    The 2nd Amendment as ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, while Secretary of State reads as
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

The meaning of this amendment is to provide the people a means to be able to resist and remove, if it became necessary, a tyrannical government; repelling an invasion by a foreign power; facilitating the right of self-defense; participating in law enforcement; and enabling the people to organize a militia system. Note it says the right, not privilege, of the people, that’s you and me folks, to keep, i.e. own, and bear, i.e. carry, shall not be infringed. Infringed, what a word for our fore fathers to use, the meaning of that all-important word is to violate, disregard, trespass or encroach upon. As in it cannot be taken away or limited, but that is just what is being proposed now by the very people that swore an oath to “Protect and Defend” the Constitution. By the way I don’t see hunting mentioned in there anywhere, or only guns with less than 10 bullets do you? We the people were intended to be armed well enough to be able to help protect our individual States and the Country if it ever becomes necessary, it’s hard to see a single shot 22 will manage that.
    Now an honest politician will admit that is the meaning of the 2nd Amendment, but someone with their own agenda will try and say that’s not what they meant. How can someone read, or try and spin it to mean anything else but what it says?
    I can go on and on and perhaps I will follow this letter up with another in the future but stop and ask yourself this question, and answer it TRUTHFULLY! Do you think for one second after they realized what was happening, that one of those teachers, the principal or the school psychologist that gave their lives to protect their students would not have given anything to have had the means at their disposal to stop this from happening! If having a firearm at their disposal, and the training and skill to use it do you think that 26 people would have died at the school that day?
    We have armed security in many places where it really does not matter, after all is a couple of thousand dollars at a bank worth protecting more than your children, or your own life? I think not.
    Infringing on the rights of over 300 million Americans for the actions of so few is deplorable and unacceptable. In fact if you just listen to the rabid anti-gun crowd they are the ones proposing to kill and murder gun owners, or drag them around a parking lot tied to the bumper of a truck just on the basis that they own a firearm or acknowledge the rights of the people. Who are the violent ones in this debate, who wants to kill?
    The Preamble to The Bill of Rights, consisting of the 1st ten amendments to the Constitution, begins as follows,

“THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.”

Clearly the purpose of the 1st ten amendments was to restrict and prevent the abuse of power of the new Government. Anyone that suffers harm to their person due to the denial their rights, not privileges, but rights can do no less than to bring charges against all the people that participated in the denial of those rights, beginning with their local politicians that allowed this to happen continuing up the top of the chain which begins with our Commander-in-Chief.
    Allow us to be able to continue to protect ourselves, our families, our friends and neighbors, our States and our Country as the founders of this great Country intended.
    And if the 2nd Amendment can trampled on the in the ways that are currently being proposed do you think the 1st or the 4th Amendments will be safe?

I would like to thank all of you that have taken the time to read my thoughts on this subject. I am only an average person and these are my thoughts, and mine alone. I only hope you, also, stop and think. Do you really think that any law you can attempt to pass will prevent anything like Newtown or Aurora from happening again? The problem is not the tools, it’s the lack of assistance for people who need help the most.

Robert Miller
    Maryland

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom