• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    A Ferrari Technician did that didnt he? Yup, im sure of it.

Only pros do work like that!:lol2:

That was of course just a web pic but I remember being in Freeport in the Bahamas some years ago and seeing this big old 70's Buick with not much of a muffler or paint job left driving through town. Trunk lid was gone and in the trunk space was a big old plastic jug of gasoline, much bigger than that one, with a tube running out of it presumably to the fuel line. A friggin' rolling kaboom waiting to happen. And four guys in it smoking something I highly doubt were Marlboros. But it's the islands so you can't do much but say f--- it, I hope they make it to their jobs as local pilots okay.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah that's ugly.

But the question is, did the guy who did that claim to be a gunsmith ? Or was the gun owner's neighbor a regular welder, and gun owner asked him for a favor ?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Would you let someone do that to your gun? That is what is wrong with it.

It cant be said as definitive since its not in front of me, but that hack job took a good bit of heat to perform. I would need to run a scope in the BS Gauge & M.E. Gauge to see if there was distortion from the heat. Im also guessing that the device was likely over-torqued since the work is a hack job.

Its a shit sandwich and the guy will have to pay several hundred to fix it.

Gotcha. Didn't realize there was more to it than, "dude, now you've got an ugly gun." Although, honestly, that comp wouldn't win any beauty contests I was judging anyway...maybe it looks better on a fully assembled rifle.

The car parked outside can sometimes be a giveaway

redneck1.jpg
    Hey, who's been taking pictures in my garage? :o

I've never driven anything quite like that on the road:innocent0...but just this week I used the same 5 gal diesel can and 3/8" tubing to recover a broken down mower AND move around a mostly assembled tractor. Using clear tubing like that makes it easy to tell if you are actually pumping fuel :D

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    You get what you pay for. Some people have not realized that sometimes you have to pay to have things done. Trying to save 75.00 cost him over 300.00. Hard lesson to learn. I have done the same stupid shit before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom