• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a Beretta 21 Bobcat in 22lr that I would like to add a threaded barrel to. I have the barrel but, cannot figure out how to disassemble the gun and remove the original barrel.

I have seen videos on YouTube for field stripping and what not but, none on how to replace the barrel.

Can anyone help?

Dave

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I used to swap them 30 years ago. If memory serves me right with the barrel tilted up remove ( by pressing out) the pivot pin.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I used to swap them 30 years ago. If memory serves me right with the barrel tilted up remove ( by pressing out) the pivot pin.

That is what I recall doing. And when you reinstall the new barrel, make sure that the flat spring (used to flip the barrel up) is in the right position.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That is what I recall doing. And when you reinstall the new barrel, make sure that the flat spring (used to flip the barrel up) is in the right position.

Good point. Shows ya I forgot some in 30 years lol.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK cool. Was not sure if I had to pop the finger-guard off first or something else. Mine is being a little stubborn with regards to the pin coming out.

Will try again I guess.

Dave

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I have a Beretta 21 Bobcat in 22lr that I would like to add a threaded barrel to. I have the barrel but, cannot figure out how to disassemble the gun and remove the original barrel.

I have seen videos on YouTube for field stripping and what not but, none on how to replace the barrel.

Can anyone help?

Dave

What barrel did you get? I am looking at doing the same thing.

I was thinking about having Tornado Technologies thread it but they want $165.

Any help would be appreciated

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD

No one seems to make them any more and they were selling for $130-$160 if someone did have one. Might look on Gun Broker and see if one shows up there but, only time I have seen them is when they are already installed on a Bobcat.

I just bought a spare barrel online and had Tornado Technologies thread it. They do really good work. It is $160 for the threading and $6 for return shipping if you choose no signature required. $10 shipping if you want a signature. Although the USPS delivered mine and never asked for a signature. Waste of $4.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Call John at Duffy's. He can do it as well. Not sure what the cost was when I had it done. It was a while ago. It's cool as hell with a Wasp on it. I would post a pic, but due to construction, it's in storage.....

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Here are my threaded Beretta tilt up barrel pistols. .22LR, 25ACP, .32ACP. The .22 and .25 are from Tornado. The .32 was a custom build by MarK at TROS. I tried to have him do 2 additional barrels for me but he passed after he did this one. I spoke with the owner of Tornado and he will not do a .32.

My next project is a threaded .380 tilt up, when I can find one at a decent price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      110 KB · Views: 2,630
    Last edited:

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I've used the Tornado Tech barrels. Nice barrels. You do have to fit the lug to engage when locking the barrel down, but it takes all of 10-15 minutes with a hand file.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    No one seems to make them any more and they were selling for $130-$160 if someone did have one. Might look on Gun Broker and see if one shows up there but, only time I have seen them is when they are already installed on a Bobcat.

I just bought a spare barrel online and had Tornado Technologies thread it. They do really good work. It is $160 for the threading and $6 for return shipping if you choose no signature required. $10 shipping if you want a signature. Although the USPS delivered mine and never asked for a signature. Waste of $4.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Call John at Duffy's. He can do it as well. Not sure what the cost was when I had it done. It was a while ago. It's cool as hell with a Wasp on it. I would post a pic, but due to construction, it's in storage.....

Thanks guys

Maybe I'll give Dave a call. He threaded an Anschutz for me. He did a great job.

Last edited:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well got the bugger on. Took a bit to get the pin moving. It was stuck in there pretty good. But, I was able to swap the barrel out. ill have to give it a try with my 22Sparrow in the next couple of days.

Dave

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    At the factory we had a air driven arbor press to install that pin. I have never seen 1 fall out . Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom