HEY, LETS GET PRACTICING! Post videos/evidence of your practice HERE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Dang, morning and afternoon sessions? No wonder I suck! LOL.

Seriously though, good for you. Right now it's hard enough for me to motivate myself to do one PM session.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Not sure if any of you guys are using it but there is an app called Coach's Eye. You can go back and review your training and add time to it, zoom in so you can get a closer look at grip, trigger finger placement, etc. Was recently in a class and the Sig instructors were disecting us, which was nice since as an instructor we don't get much of that.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    So, since I made M class in Production I decided to mess around with Limited a little. I built a G35 with a frame weight, ICE mag well, Vogel trigger, DP sights, and mag extensions.
    Here's a very short video of me getting to know the gun with 3 reloads in 3 seconds.

While I think Limited will be a lot of fun, I haven't decided yet whether or not I want to stick with Production until I make GM, or switch now to Limited full time. There is still a lot of this season left...

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    a couple 4 aces runs with different mag change techniques. plus some fun plinking. 1/4 size IPSC silhouette steel at 15 yrds for the 4 aces and 20 yards for the mag dump.
    First outing with my newly modded out CZ Scorpion Carbine. Has HB Industries trigger, trigger spring kit, mag release, and charging handle. Vortex Sparc II optic. +10 mag extension. Yeti works grip. This has to be one of the most fun guns I have ever shot(evident by the grin on my face at the end after the mag dump). Looking forward to some USPSA PCC! Lots of practice to be done however.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    After my first match yesterday with my Limited G35 set up I am motivated to practice. Was able to put together a few .80 second reloads. I am still working from my upright Production mag pouches so I think when I get some angled pouches I might get another tenth off, but I'm pretty happy with an around .80 sec reload.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Haven't posted for a while because, guess what, I'm switching platforms!
    Here is the first vid learning my new gun for USPSA production: the CZ Shadow 2! This thing is a masterpiece but I have a long way to go to catch up to where I was with my G34 because the guns are just so different.
    This vid is of some dry fire draw practice. Starts at .80 and then moves to .70 secs. Threw in some from hands above shoulders at the end.
    The target I'm drawing to is a 1/4 IPSC target at 3yrds with a partial no-shoot thrown in to make it annoying.

Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    two days ago, standing 25 yards, 6 shots, Remington 230 grain ball. There is a renegade hole peeping through the trigger guard...called that one. The other groups were running abour 2 - 3 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_3886.JPG
      IMG_3886.JPG
      79.3 KB · Views: 292

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    So the grind continues.
    Switching from the plastic G34 to what feels like heaviest gun ever made: the CZ Shadow 2 is proving difficult.
    Here is most of my practice session from yesterday. I show everything including the many many fumbles.
    Youtube is full of "best runs".
    This video is not sexy. It shows real work and looking back through the footage I am happy that I stuck with it when I was having trouble.
    From about14:30 to 20:15 you can see me go from sucking big time to smoothing it out and getting results. I even hit a few .80sec reloads which has been hard for me with this new gun.
    If we say "screw it" and stop the session when frustrated I think we miss out on possible break throughs.
    I am working hard to be at least somewhat proficient with the new gun by the time my month of Major Matches roles around. (Area 8, Carolina Classic, and Nationals in Utah all take place in the span of a month and the 1st of which is only 5 weeks away!)
    Stuff worked on:
    Draws (best at .70secs)
    Reloads: micro drills and full reloads (best of both micro drills at .40secs and best full reloads at .80secs)
    Draw to 3 targets 2 shots each then reload while getting out of position. (i struggle with this one a lot but by the end of the session I am starting to get it)

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Switching from the plastic G34 to what feels like heaviest gun ever made: the CZ Shadow 2 is proving difficult.

I got $20 in my pocket right now if you want to get rid of it :innocent0

Something actually related to the topic: I renewed my USPSA membership last month after letting it lapse last year. I am now a C class Limited shooter :thumbsup: I shot PCC at Quantico last month, USPSA and Steel Challenge. Both were first competitions with my 9mm AR I built last year. I had magazine problems at the USPSA match, so I was middle of the pack that day. At Steel Challenge the next week, I switched magazines and downloaded the problem mags. That fixed things :party29: I placed 5th overall, 2nd in PCC. This is the first time I've done that well in any local match in any discipline. If I can find a tripod mount for my GoPro, I'll be recording my Sunday 2-gun match at Quantico this weekend.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Here is just a quick highlight vid from todays live fire practice session. Ill post a more comprehensive video of the session soon.
    -Bill drill 1.85 clean
    -El prez 5.55secs 10A 2C %94.82 (so close to GM. El prez always has been tough for me)
    -Position change/reload drill
    -Movement/barrel drill
    -60yrd plate rack in 9rnds. just for fun!
    The session was 3.5hrs and I shot approx 700rnds

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Let's see if this shows up.

I have been unsuccessful in trimming this video to just the shooting, but it gives a good idea of how you shoot a stage at Peacemaker Falling Steel. I had to start the camera, get my PCC, get to the line, make ready, shoot, clear the firearm, and head back to stop the camera. I'll post more later as it's taking 15 minutes a video to publish.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Let's see if this shows up.

I have been unsuccessful in trimming this video to just the shooting, but it gives a good idea of how you shoot a stage at Peacemaker Falling Steel. I had to start the camera, get my PCC, get to the line, make ready, shoot, clear the firearm, and head back to stop the camera. I'll post more later as it's taking 15 minutes a video to publish.

Thanks for the post! For match vids I suggest posting here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=208687

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Practicing for USPSA nationals next week. Worked on several things but one of them was to work on trying to keep flowing through the stage rather than stand and deliver. Had better runs than this one, but at least i don't really stand still except for the first 2 targets that where set at 15yrds and were partials. 19-A, 1-C. 13.55secs. CZ Shadow 2. RHT Holster (not that i used it for this run), Ghost pouches, 135grn Bayou reloads at 130pf.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I'm back!
    Back after a long off season. Haven't really done any practice since September. This season I will make the move to Limited and shoot the CZ Tac Sport Orange .40. Its an amazing gun. With the trigger work, sights and grips Im into it for less than 2 grand. Eat that 2011 shooters!
    Anyway Im super rusty and it shows, but Ill say it really feels good to be back shooting and practicing.
    Trying something for fun: this USPSA dry fire practice video on youtube. ITs not bad except there are not start beeps which is annoying. You get a text "are you ready" then a couple seconds before the stage starts.
    Kinda fun but doesnt replace real "hard target" dry practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom