• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I like the Ti-rant 45M for it's modularity, but I like Octane 45 HD for its cleanablity - more parts (not all) can be cleaned with ultrasonic cleaner.

As to price jumping, you are right, that's what it is - those cookies.

Thanks for your reply.

So, what's it gonna be? Time is running out...

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    So, what's it gonna be? Time is running out...

Well, then there is the Rugged Obsidian 45...choices, choices. I think I need Divine Guidance. However, short answer for now is whatever becomes available.:) Emphasis on the "for now."

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Well, then there is the Rugged Obsidian 45...

If I had it to do over again, I would be buying one of these. I was considering it back in January but I got a screaming deal on an Octane that was too good to pass up.

The Obsidian was designed by Henry Graham, who was one of the guys who designed the Octane and a lot of other products when he was at SilencerCo / SWR a few years ago. The Obsidian is basically a modernized, modular version of the Octane. They seem to go for about $650, plus or minus, but finding someone who has them in stock is really tricky right now.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    If I had it to do over again, I would be buying one of these. I was considering it back in January but I got a screaming deal on an Octane that was too good to pass up.

The Obsidian was designed by Henry Graham, who was one of the guys who designed the Octane and a lot of other products when he was at SilencerCo / SWR a few years ago. The Obsidian is basically a modernized, modular version of the Octane. They seem to go for about $650, plus or minus, but finding someone who has them in stock is really tricky right now.

Sometimes I think we are at the peak of suppressor prices, because of more competition and and the ATF July mandate for fingerprints, hence the run now to get one with a NFA Trust.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Anybody try the Gemtech GM-45 suppressor? They say the materials used are aluminum. Is that for the inerts too? A little lower in price. Comments?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anybody try the Gemtech GM-45 suppressor? They say the materials used are aluminum. Is that for the inerts too? A little lower in price. Comments?

Yeah, I think it is all aluminium. It says core is anodized...

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    SilShop has the Griffin Resistance 45 in stock, but there are few reviews from what I can see. Length is 7.9" and weight 11.6. Comes with .578X28 mount ( I don't think you get other choices on original purchase). Priced just under $600.00. I understand that parts are compatible with the Revolution.

Comments on Griffin as far as customer service would be helpful here. Two things that hold me back are that it's not full length (Octane is 8.7) and the single mount size at purchase.

Last edited:

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    SilShop has the Griffin Resistance 45 in stock, but there are few reviews from what I can see. Length is 7.9" and weight 11.6" Comes with .578X28 mount ( I don't think you get other choices on original purchase). Priced just under $600.00. I understand that parts are compatible with the Revolution.

Comments on Griffin as far as customer service would be helpful here. Two things that hold me back are that it's not full length (Octane is 8.7) and the single mount size at purchase.

I can only extrapolate from what I've heard about the Revolution, but it's basically just the Revolution without the removable tube section (it's only .3 inches shorter than the full-length Revolution) and the baffles look essentially the same. Performance is a little worse than the Revolution (factory rated at -28dB vs -32dB dry). For reference, .45 ACP usually meters around 160-165 dB. I reckon, using guesstimation, that would put the Resistance at the loud end of hearing safe with .45.

I've only talked to Griffin sales reps, but I haven't had any interactions with their warranty staff. They seemed like friendly people.

For what it's worth, 7.9 inches is close enough to full-length for me to just call it a full-length suppressor.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I can only extrapolate from what I've heard about the Revolution, but it's basically just the Revolution without the removable tube section (it's only .3 inches shorter than the full-length Revolution) and the baffles look essentially the same. Performance is a little worse than the Revolution (factory rated at -28dB vs -32dB dry). For reference, .45 ACP usually meters around 160-165 dB. I reckon, using guesstimation, that would put the Resistance at the loud end of hearing safe with .45.

I've only talked to Griffin sales reps, but I haven't had any interactions with their warranty staff. They seemed like friendly people.

For what it's worth, 7.9 inches is close enough to full-length for me to just call it a full-length suppressor.

Edit: I see they show for the Griffin Resistance 45 DB Attenuation of 28DB Dry Full size 38db wet full size.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom