Loch Raven Skeet & Trap: Clays Against Breat Cancer Shoot October 5th & 6th, 2013

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Mark your calendars now for Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center's 3rd Annual

Clays Against Breast Cancer Shoot
    October 5-6, 2013
    10:00 am - 5:00 pm

CACposter.png

If you've been to one (or both) of our prior events you know what a great time it is for everyone. Folks get to shoot clays and help raise money to fight breast cancer. In our first two events we've raised nearly $20,000 that has been donated to LOCAL charities to help with patient treatment as well as to organizations that assist cancer patients with every day living needs.

You don't need to know how to shoot trap or skeet. You don't need to own a shotgun. Just a desire to have fun, and help raise money to fight breast cancer. There will be volunteer instructors on every field to help newbies crush some clays, RSO's to make sure the experience is a safe one, and the club will provide guns to those who don't have their own (but feel free to bring your own shotgun).

Half of the entry fee goes directly to the charities (the other half pays for the targets) and 100% of all other money raised goes to the charities. Your entry fee includes lunch. [Note: ammunition is not included in the entry fee]

We'll also have raffles throughout the day for various goodies including gift cards to Aldo's and CHAZZ restaurants. Jack Bart from Bart's Sports World will be set up with shotguns for sale as well as a display/demo from one of our generous sponsors CAESAR GUERINI/FABARM.

So mark your calendar. This is a great event. One that not only raises money to help fight breast cancer, but a way to showcase the shooting community in a great light. Hope to see you there!

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Wouldn't miss it. Although I should leave my checkbook at home as Bart's usually has some great used guns (like I need another one).
    Looks like the weather will be great this year.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    On a personal note. I'd love to meet folks from MDS at the event. I plan to be there on both days that weekend. I've met a number of MDS folks there at past events and it's always great to put faces with names. I'll also have my Caesar Guerini Summit Impact and FABARM XLR5 Velocity shotguns with me and I'm happy to let folks try them out.

And I'd like to give kudo's to our company sponsors. Caesar Guerini/FABARM make superb shotguns, are based in Cambridge, MD, and have been generous sponsors to the event. The Vitale family, owners of Aldo's & CHAZZ restaurants, are great friends to the shooting community and are generous sponsors of this event as well as to the Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center. In fact, Alessandro Vitale, is not only a good friend of mine but a tournament squad mate and one of the best skeet shooters in MD - and years ago his father, Aldo, shot on the US Army Skeet Team. While I don't know the owners of Envy.Salon in Elkton, MD, I know that they are friends of the shooting community and believe wholeheartedly in the fight against breast cancer. And finally Bart's Sports World. Jack and his brothers have been great benefactors to LRSTC over the years and generous sponsors of our charity events. So if you're looking for 2A friendly businesses to patronize, I've just listed a few local ones. Not only are they 2A friendly but give back to the shooting community to boot!

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Got the opp to shoot at LRS&TC a few weeks back with a good friend who took me and my wife. Great time!!! Busy that weekend though, but GL with the event!

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    My wife and I will be there on the 6th. We also shot last year and like last year, getting away from PG Trap and Skeet will be a nice change of scenery.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Bump.

Only a couple of more days to go so mark your calendar! A fun charity event that helps raise money for breast cancer care and research - AND - shows the shooting sports in a good and positive light. What could be better?

Hope to see you there.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Bump.

Only a couple of more days to go so mark your calendar! A fun charity event that helps raise money for breast cancer care and research - AND - shows the shooting sports in a good and positive light. What could be better?

Hope to see you there.

Well I better go out and get my "Biden Blaster " ready cause I am looking to shoot me some clays.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    I do not know where to start but I had an awesome time out at Loch Raven today. I signed up to do 4 rounds thinking I was a novice at trap and it would help me to get better by just doing it . The only experience I had ever shooting trap was I did one round last Thursday night and I only managed to hit 3 out of the 25 clays I was shooting at. I check in and get sent to station 1 and told to go talk to Bill . Bill is a phenomenal trap coach . The first round I went out and I hit my usual three clay it got slow for a bit and I got some one on one coaching from Bill for a round then my next two rounds I hit 12 then on my final I hit 18 out of 25 . At the end of it I was tempted to another 2 rounds if I thought my arm was going to hold up . The staff is top notch the grounds are beautiful and the facilities are excellent . I did not get to know many of the members but the ones I did talk to seemed to be pleasant . There is only two things that kept me from signing up right then in there was the over an hour drive to there also there was no pistol and rifle range . I get the feeling that I may be finding my way back there in the near future .

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Necrothread.

Does anyone familiar/affiliated with LRSTC know if a similar event will be held this year? If so, when might details become available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom