• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    These have been around for a while. I have both on SBRs. Very nice triggers.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    How do they compare to their SSA-E ? Putting these pieces together on 6.5 Grendel build and last pieces remaining are trigger and barrel.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How do they compare to their SSA-E ? Putting these pieces together on 6.5 Grendel build and last pieces remaining are trigger and barrel.

I'm assuming you are comparing the G2S-E with the SSA-E

The G2S-E is very similar in feel to the SSA(I don't own an SSA-E), The SSA having a bit longer over travel. Reset seems to be about the same.

G2S-E:
    1st stage 2.3#
    2nd stage 1.2#

SSA-E:
    1st stage 2.0-2.5#
    2nd stage .9-1.3#

SSA:
    1st stage 2.75-3.0#
    2nd stage 1.5-1.75#

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have 4 guns with the B-GRF. Love them. Thinking of a B-G2S-E for my Colt in 6.5CM. These go on sale for $120 often and have seen the B-GRF for as low as $100.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have 4 guns with the B-GRF. Love them. Thinking of a B-G2S-E for my Colt in 6.5CM. These go on sale for $120 often and have seen the B-GRF for as low as $100.

I have one in one of my AR9s. Sweet trigger. I will probably use one in my Grendel build. :thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have a couple of both, can't really tell the difference in feel between the SSA-E and G2S-E, but definitely lighter 2nd stage(and less distinct) compared to a G2S. The GRF is a light and fast single stage, my go-to for 9mm and short range stuff, I still like a 2 stage for more precise shots, and it's almost as fast.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Good deal. Think I am going to give the E a try. Came across them awhile ago but one of the reviews mentioned some grittiness so forgot about them. Trust you guys here more than some of the reviews for sure !

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I've never put in "Upgraded" triggers in anything so not sure what you get from them. I figure they are smoother but also a lighter pull. Is that right, or am i missing something important.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've never put in "Upgraded" triggers in anything so not sure what you get from them. I figure they are smoother but also a lighter pull. Is that right, or am i missing something important.

Yes, they do tend to be lighter and crisper.

So, all your triggers are single stage, mil spec triggers? I'd say, if you're okay with what you have, then so be it. No need to change. I know, when I went from single to two stage triggers, I didn't care much for them until I got used to them. I do have single stage triggers, but they're the Geissele B-GRF versions. They are different than mil spec triggers though. Now most of my AR FCGs are two stage setups.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Yes, they do tend to be lighter and crisper.

So, all your triggers are single stage, mil spec triggers? I'd say, if you're okay with what you have, then so be it. No need to change. I know, when I went from single to two stage triggers, I didn't care much for them until I got used to them. I do have single stage triggers, but they're the Geissele B-GRF versions. They are different than mil spec triggers though. Now most of my AR FCGs are two stage setups.

Thanks, yes single stage and don't mind them at all. It is the same with my M&P's, i know if i upgrade one i'll have to do them all.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I like the geissele and have a few. SSA-E and my favorite the SD-E. Just recently got a Larue MBT 2 stage flat trigger and am extremely impressed with it. Not quite as light as the SD-E but very crisp. Always $80.

May be worth a look.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-straight-bow-trigger/

They are awesome for the price, and usually backordered, similar weight/feel the G2S, but crisper/cleaner. If I were smarter I would order a couple to have on hand instead of finding them on backorder for a couple months while I have all parts for a build within a couple days, so I go with another trigger.

Have to try one to at least see what the difference is, I don't have ANY mil-spec triggers anymore, but I'm kind of a trigger snob, and compete, so I'm spoiled. A mil-spec trigger has about .1" of creepy gritty movement at 5.5-8#(usually closer to 8#) before it breaks, then about the same distance overtravel, then a solid clunk as the trigger is released and reset. Takes enough force, and there is enough creep that it's easy to push sights off of target with poor trigger control, it can be comparatively slow on rapid fire, and vague when shooting for precision. A 2 stage trigger like the MBT, G2S or G2S-E may have a similar takeup distance, but at a lighter weight, maybe 1-2# till the trigger meets a difinitive "wall" that takes an additional couple #s to break the shot after minimal movement, and usually minimal overtravel. You really only feel the difference between the 2 stages, so it kinda feels like a short, crisp 2# trigger, but has enough movement in the takeup stage to be safe. The GRF is a single stage, less pull weight and less movement than mil-spec, but a similar feel, they are a bit less precise, but can be a bit easier to shoot fast. Other triggers may have a different feel or features. I run Timney Calvin Elite triggers in my 3 gun stuff, they are a stupid light 1.5# single stage with an almost imperceptible amount of movement, and have adjustable and interchangeable trigger shoes. Really comfortable, really easy to shoot fast, absolutely 0 takeup or movement before the shot breaks(set screws eliminate any trigger pin play in the lower), and despite being really light it has great feedback and a short, but solid tactile reset.

THese graphs can illustrate some of the difference in a few triggers
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Having used the Larue MBT 2 stage a bit more now, I really am impressed. It feels nearly exactly like the 2 SSA-E triggers I have. One of them is quite a bit lighter than the other. The heavier one feels very similar to the MBT. The MBT has a little more take up, but the break is just as crisp and clean as the SSA-E.

In comparison to the SD-Es I have, it isn’t quite as light and crisp. However the variation is all within what I have come to expect from geissele and other high end triggers.

I have read some bad reviews about the MBT being gritty and not as nice, which is why I ever bought one. It is only a sample size of 1, but if I could guarantee them all to come like this I would save the money on geissele and buy all MBTs. It won’t be the last one for sure.

Thanks for the heads up about them being back ordered, should have bought a few and gotten the discount!

And above is kinda right on. Once you go down the nice trigger road it is hard to go back and not become a little bit of a trigger snob. I do think milspec triggers have a place, but even then an ALG can be a bit of an improvement. If you don’t want to spend money, don’t try one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom