Where to pick up non-resident CCW in PA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Greetings, I’ll be traveling to Erie, PA again soon and looking for a PSP Barrack / Sheriff to apply/pick up on the spot my NR CCW permit. Final destination is Erie, anyone know if that service is available there? Otherwise traveling from Maryland into Breezewood, onto the the PA turnpike up to Cranberry, then north to Erie. I looked on the PA site, but not much info. Thank you....

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I understand PAs requirements.

I’ll be traveling to Erie, PA again soon and looking for a PSP Barrack / Sheriff to apply/pick up on the spot my NR CCW permit. Final destination is Erie, anyone know if that service is available in Erie? Otherwise I'm traveling from Maryland into Breezewood, onto the the PA turnpike up to Cranberry, then north to Erie and looking for a location around that route. I looked on the PA site, but not much info

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    Greetings, I’ll be traveling to Erie, PA again soon and looking for a PSP Barrack / Sheriff to apply/pick up on the spot my NR CCW permit. Final destination is Erie, anyone know if that service is available there? Otherwise traveling from Maryland into Breezewood, onto the the PA turnpike up to Cranberry, then north to Erie. I looked on the PA site, but not much info. Thank you....

Reading Intl Airport there is a sherriff sub-station. I received mine (I'm from DEL) in 5 minutes. Pa counties may help. I would call them to see if they will issue to MD resident.

mreaston

Nov 10, 2013
    Centre County is a favorite among NYers for NR permits and has a reputation as a one stop shop. Maybe give them a call?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Pick a department to mail it to 14 days in advance, pick it up as you drive by. Sometimes various departments get behind in processing.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Does anyone know a county sheriff dept in PA (like Bedford) where I can do everything by mail? I was going to submit to Bedford then pick it up the next time I drive through, but with the current situation, it’s hard to know exactly when I can be there. Thanks

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Does anyone know a county sheriff dept in PA (like Bedford) where I can do everything by mail? I was going to submit to Bedford then pick it up the next time I drive through, but with the current situation, it’s hard to know exactly when I can be there. Thanks

I don't think any do the whole deal by mail anymore. Your best bet is find a county that will let you apply and get the permit in hand same visit. I'd check over at PAFOA.org

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I just sent my renewal and lancaster county is accepting applications by mail due to COVID 19 but it looks like they call you once it's all good so you can go pick it up in person. Guess that's so,you can get your pic updated too.

TD

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    This is purely a dumb question that I haven't researched, but someone told me that Pa will issue non resident permits to public safety, government employees. Police dispatchers/911 operators etc..

BS or any truth ? Thanks in advance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom