• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CJWalker

Aug 18, 2010
    Carroll County
    Does anyone either own or frequently use both the Mueller APV (or similar) and a Vortex Crossfire II? I'm torn between the APV or one of the Mueller Tac models and the Crossfire II AO line. I mentioned the Mueller tactical line since the APV reticle seems to be bit thick. I have heard great reviews for both scopes and the warranty on the Vortex is pretty BA from what I hear. I plan on putting one or the other on my 93R17 since the the included scope just doesn't cut it at longer ranges. Any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance for any advice!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have the APV on a 10/22 and all I know is that with my very average abilities it is able to put things consistently on target at 200 yards when the wind isn't pushing the bullet all over the place.

Muggs

Nov 21, 2010
    Cumberland
    I've got three Muellers and should get another for the Marlin model 60. I think they're a good value. I've paid $124 to $134 for mine, over a four year time span.

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    I have the Crossfire II 6-18 AO on my Savage 93r17. I like the scope a lot, but I haven't shot the Mueller to compare it. Glass is clear, I can easily spot .17 holes in targets at 100 yds. I think I paid about $180 on sale for it...

kc day

MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2008
    I have the Mueller apv on my custom 10 22 and it's dead on accurate and so far very durable. I would buy it again and for the money it does everything I can ask of it.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    The Mueller APV has been Mueller's flagship rimfire scope for years. They are a better value than the crossfires, IMO. The Vortex scopes have a better warranty but IMO you'd be better off going with the APV.

Personally, I have a handful of Savage 93R17's and all have Mueller APV or APT scopes. For the money they are hard to beat for that type of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom